KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Isn't is something, even back in 1964 the liberal progressive BULLSHIT wasn't working.

Even you can learn something from this video sini... watch the entire video.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
Good life = livable wage? One strange definition.

A living wage is not a good life.
My point exactly, McDonalds provides a living wage in my opinion and is not responsible for providing someone with a good life. I would image none of these people have missed a meal , roof over thier head , or even a gaming system or two in their homes. If they have than it is generally due to lack of effort on their part. Although some people are on hard times due to things outside of their control, I believe that is a small minority of this group. The people in the news article expect a good life to be provided by McDonalds. They want to hold this corporation responsible for the quality of their own life as if they have no other options. Only in America...If you want to see real poverty then glance across the ocean. What these people consider poverty is beyond upper class for people living in actually poverty.

Yes, they do have to provide livable wage. Alternative is starvation on the street OR sitting on the dole and the difference between livable wage and what McD is paying is on the taxpayers.

Yes, McDonalds should not pay less then what has been determined to be the minimum wage for such jobs. The alternative however is not starvation on the street or sitting on the dole. The alternative is to invest in themselves and seek better employement or select one of the million other alternatives that do not involve sitting on their butt with their hand out. Times are hard but I find it hard to believe that their only choose in life is McDonalds drive through or starvation on the streets.

You _know_ it isn't being delivered on this promise. Especially millenials and younger are Fucked big times. There are no opportunities out there for everyone no matter how hard you work.

Alright, I will give you this one. Oppurtunity in the job market is stagnant right now. We cannot point the social gun at large corpoartion and yell "FIX IT" though.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 07:06 AM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Sethan
My point exactly, McDonalds provides a living wage in my opinion

Well you are entitled to your opinion but you are wrong. Someone working at McDonalds or WallMart full time could end up (depending on minimum wage law in a given state) below official poverty line. It is all but guaranteed for a family and/or part-time work (and they cap at 28 hours to not pay benefits).

http://www.pbs.org/itvs/storewars/stores3.html
http://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-could-change-the-us-economy-2012-12
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/16/walmarts-internal-compensation-plan_n_2145086.html

Quote:
Yes, McDonalds should not pay less then what has been determined to be the minimum wage for such jobs

You see minimum wage is a political issue. What takes to live is a social issue. They do not necessary intersect.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I see your point and you are right. They pay a shitty wage for a shitty job by hiring people in shitty situations.I cannot disagree with you on this because it is a fact.

These people are not slaves to Walmart or McDonalds though Sini. These corporations are not slaves to the people.

You are trying to hold these corporations at gun point and tell them to fix your economy and people's lives. That is not how the game works.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight

“I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.”

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 07:26 AM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Sethan
You are trying to hold these corporations at gun point and tell them to fix your economy and people's lives.

I think solution is rather simple - universal health care coverage and minimal wage that lands you above poverty line.

So:

1. Increase minimum wage to 12$/h and index it to food/housing costs in the area (so some places it will be above, some below).
2. Remove any kind of incentives to keep people from working full time - specifically "no benefits" hard cutoff. Every hour working should result in % contribution toward 40/week - 100% coverage.

Basic needs have to be covered.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
1. Sounds good to me, I stated earlier the discussion should be about raising the minimum wage and not requiring select companies to pay up. The zoning of minimum wage will be very tricky but I see no harm in bringing up the issue. Every business requires a certain level of risk, I view minimum wage as the ante for hiring an employee.

2. People should not be punished on either side of the line for having full time workers. It is just too easy of a rule to work around. Both sides are punished in the end for this type of rule. Id rather see them provided a solid minimum wage so they can go purchase their own coverage versus some shitty company provided insurance. The government can't seem to do anything right these days so I would prefer they leave my insurance coverage alone.

Keep in mind that the cost of living is already very high due to many factors. Raising the minimum wage will further increase those cost and could raise the cost of living even more. Which could in turn justify a higher minimum wage to match the new cost of living. We have to be careful not to create a social pyramid scheme while trying to create a *livable wage*.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 08:30 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I do not want to see the government forcing insurance coverage laws down the throats of big business. These large business owners are more intelligent than polticians on any given day. They will ALWAYS find ways to pass any punishment along to their employees or consumers. So be careful about wanting government to go after big business. You will be the one licking your wounds in the end.

I see it as a large troll slowly swinging a massive hammer at a more nimble opponent. He will never hit his opponent but will end up beating the hell out of everything around him.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 08:05 AM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
1&2 - agreed. Welcome to social elitist, communistic, facist-progressive movement Sethan.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the cost of living is already very high due to many factors. Raising the minimum wage will further increase those cost and could raise the cost of living even more.

This is no longer universally-accepted truth, sure raising minimum wages during peak union times had this effect, but right now there are examples to the contrary. Australia is one example. I am sure there are more. My understanding is that you can't raise minimum wage to prosperity for everyone (i.e. 50$/h minimum will cause inflation), but you can to lift most out of abject poverty.

I dislike notion of employer-sponsored health coverage, businesses should focus on doing what they are good at, and unless you are insurer or a hospital that would not be providing health care coverage.

Last edited by sini; 04/09/13 09:06 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I doubt agreeing to a logically increased minimum wage and removing penalties that prevent employers working people full time makes me any of the things you listed above. On top of that I try to distance myself from any of these labels people assign to others.

Sethan is a human with some common sense.

Last edited by Sethan; 04/09/13 10:07 AM.
Page 14 of 22 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 21 22

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard