KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,364 Trump card
1,340,908 Picture Thread
478,856 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#115020 03/15/13 11:03 AM
P
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
P
I saw one of your members on the Shroud of the Avatar website, and unfortunately that game is disappointingly enough not going to be anything like UO, but this game is going to be close, hasn't gone on kickstarter yet, but figured since you guys use to play UO and play other similar MMOs you may be interested.

There is a lot of discussion going on in their forums.

http://trialsofascension.com/

Trials of Ascension is a MMORPG project that beats to a different drum. For souls brave enough to try something outside the traditional MMO box, ToA will deliver a gaming experience like no other. We mean it. Seriously.

Where else can you find combat with perma-death (each character gets 100 deaths before perma-dead), an open-ended skill system without classes, innovations that are unique to the discoverer, dynamic spawning of fauna, flora and dungeons, player-made settlements and structures, a cooperative crafting system and a magic system that will feel as mysterious as magic itself?

See, we told you its different. The question is: are you brave enough to try it?

P
Oracle Newbie
OP Offline
Oracle Newbie
P
They also have about 7 Podcasts which are all available on their website, they are a good listen, lots of good info in there.

Game reminds me a lot of old school Ultima Online, Pre-Trammel.

Open Sandbox MMO world with non-consensual PvP / Full Loot.

They haven’t done their Kickstarter yet.

Check them out, I for one am very hyped and excited for this game and waiting for the Kickstarter so I can throw some money at them!

But anyways...

Really thought this thread would have gone somewhere, but there doesn't seem to be much interested based off the lack of replies :-P

Thanks for your time guys, maybe I'll see some of you on the ToA Forums at some point.

Link Copied to Clipboard