KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#114717 03/07/13 12:47 AM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
GAME CHANGING UPDATES TO DFOUW

For all you UO veterans out there. Remember the 7X GM. DFO is using the prowess system to increase attributes as you see fit. This is a game changer for the folks afraid of the grind. Have a look!

Gaining Prowess
Prowess can be gained from all meaningful interactions with the game. From harvesting and crafting, to killing monsters and PvP activities, everything you do will reward you with Prowess Points. The amount of points that you gain will depend on the difficulty or rarity of your achievements. High ranking monsters will offer more points than low ranking ones and crafting high-end items vs. low-end ones, for example, will work the same way.

All characters have a current and total Prowess point number which is displayed at the top right of the GUI, both in Action and GUI mode. The higher the total is, the harder it becomes for players to accumulate Prowess and the more effort they have to put into it to gain the points they need.

Feats are also a great source of Prowess as they reward the players with extra points for completing various tasks. Feat rewards stay the same regardless of how many Prowess Points the player has acquired.

Party Prowess Points
All players in a party will share Prowess point gains. Half of the points will be awarded to the player who performed the action, the rest will be equally divided between party members who are in range.

Raising Attributes
Attributes are very important in Darkfall Unholy Wars. They affect, among other things, the level of a character's effectiveness in all skills as well as the pool's size. Attribute boosters can make a big difference early on in a character’s life. Attributes can be raised in the paperdoll window by clicking on the "up" arrow next to the attribute of your choice. Doing so will display an interface window allowing you to allocate points to your skill, check the total cost, and finalize your allocation. You can raise attributes one point at a time with diminishing returns. Attribute point cost increases for each additional point but also for each additional attribute you want to increase. For example, raising your first attribute to 50 will cost considerably less than raising your fourth one to the same number.
Boosters can be purchased through the Role window. They can be purchased in bundles of 10 for a total of +40 on each attribute.

Raising Skills
Skills can also be raised per point and each skill level will cost more than the previous one. Raising more skills will cost more depending number of Skills you have already raised, the same way it works for attributes. You can raise your skills by clicking the "up" arrow below each skill icon in the skills window. The interface is similar to the one used for attributes and operates the same way. What each skill level affects will be explained in the interface as it varies from skill to skill. However, and especially for role skills, skill level mainly affects radius, the pool costs, and cool-downs. For these skills, pool costs and cool-downs bonuses apply only for the Primary School. In contrast, radius bonuses always apply.

Crafting Skills
Due to the effect crafting skills have on the economy we felt we should exclude them from the Prowess based system. All crafting skills can be raised by creating items. It works the same way for the new Salvaging skill. Harvesting skills however are based on the new Prowess system.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You still have to grind skills and stats needed for PvP. They can make it take less than a week, it's still too much.

I want a game where I can get a friend to log in, give him some items (which I may have had to grind to get) and let him enjoy some PvP action right then.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Arkh #114736 03/07/13 04:19 PM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i find it hard to take you seriously with the replys you have made to this and previous posts you want a game that is instant win which i honestly find sad

keep multi boxing diablo im sure thats great fun...

arkh i spent over a year grinding with you in dfo

what happened to make you unwilling to play a game that takes effort

Arkh #114743 03/07/13 05:41 PM
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Arkh
You still have to grind skills and stats needed for PvP. They can make it take less than a week, it's still too much.

I want a game where I can get a friend to log in, give him some items (which I may have had to grind to get) and let him enjoy some PvP action right then.

To each his own. I understand. Personally I am really looking forward to this and I hope others are too.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
After spending less than 10 hours in game, I'm already at 50 Greataxe, 50 archery, 50 axe skill. I have yet to really get going on prowess and I'm already that deep into my skills for pvp. Before there would be noway you could be that deep in those 3 skills with only hours into the game.

There will always be some sort of grind in any MMO you play. The amount of time to be PVP viable in DFUW is FAR less than what it was in DF1. I got completely burnt out on DF1... that grind was so fucking ridiculous, I can see why people have a hard time wanting to come back.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
the new character grind is worth checking out
hit us up in vent tonight for info if your interested

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Morlander
i find it hard to take you seriously with the replys you have made to this and previous posts you want a game that is instant win which i honestly find sad

keep multi boxing diablo im sure thats great fun...

arkh i spent over a year grinding with you in dfo

what happened to make you unwilling to play a game that takes effort

I am not against grinding per se.
But in a PvP oriented game, I think the PvP aspect of your character should not depend on individual grind.

You should be able to use ANY item you're given by anyone (your pals, mob kills, player kills etc.) with the same efficiency as another player (minus your twitch skill). As I said, I want to be able to give the items I grinded to a new player and not be bothered by the fact he won't be able to use it before he grinds his ass for 1h / week / month.

I loved DFO, that's why I played it for so long. But after 6 months of playing it, when someone asked me if he should play I had to tell him "no unless you want to pay a recurring fee for months letting your PC run when you sleep and work before being able to enjoy it". That's why the game died.

Let grind be a group effort, something for guilds: crafting skills, getting resources to build shit, quests. But let individual players not have to go through stupid shit before having a chance in PvP. That's how you make people want to try PvP. That's how you make guilds something which matters in a game.

I tell you: if AV launched a third server with no grind at all for the PvP skills and attributes, they'd make millions.

PS: I understand some people think that "putting time in the game should give them a direct advantage" but that's exactly like endorsing pay to win games. Time is money.

Last edited by Arkh; 03/08/13 10:09 AM.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I dislike this idea.

It is completely arbitrary, dependant on the Devs to determine the importance of your actions, and if they think (through the mechanic)your actions are noteworthy then you will gain prowess.

Quote:
The amount of points that you gain will depend on the difficulty or rarity of your achievements. High ranking monsters will offer more points than low ranking ones and crafting high-end items vs. low-end ones, for example, will work the same way.

This still creates a second class pvp citizen, which gives those with more grind time the power to prey off them.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
little grinding never killed anyone. we will see ill wait a little longer till i try and play again,.

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Plain and simple! If there is no investment, then you don't care. Do I really care when I die in PS2? A little, but if I lost all my shit, I would care deeply.

A little grind is your investment in your skills. This is never going to be battlefield guys, NOT counterstrike, and I would not have it any other way.

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard