KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
More from the desk of politburo:

The author of American Sniper, Chris Kyle, shot dead on a firing range in Texas.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
Well, how silly of me. I forgot about your priorities - ad hominem attack?

This thread would have been so much more politer if all the armed folks had a chance to shoot me, amiright?

Hmm. Hypocrisy is ever the domain and livelihood of the modern "Progressive".

Besides, in my case I was not actually attacking you - just pointing out your behavior. If you take that as an attack, perhaps you should consider your behavior.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I am glad to see you are still keen on sticking your head in the sand on this issue. While I find back-and-forth enjoyable, I'd rather have you address the issues I have raised for a change. I am curious to see your mental gymnastics while you are trying to rationalize it away.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
man accused of killing 2 Little Falls teens

Quote:
Byron David Smith taunted the teen as she lay dying, shooting her again and again, according to a prosecutor who said an audio recording shows Smith went beyond self-defense in the Thanksgiving Day shootings of two cousins trying to burglarize his home.

Justified?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Mass edit.

I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that gets injured or killed during the commission of a crime. Had the pair elected NOT to break into this guys house, they would very likely be alive today. Somehow, the anti-gun types always seem to overlook this fact and focus on the "omgheshottehchildren" angle.

That said, he'll likely get justified jail time for it. You can't keep shooting them once they're down unless they continue to pose a threat to you or others. ( Eg, they're still armed and trying to get to you ) He has no defense against it.

Believe it or not, there are RULES the law-abiding types actually have to follow ( unlike their criminal counterparts ) in situations like these.

Last edited by Daye; 02/04/13 04:03 PM.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I am glad to see you are still keen on sticking your head in the sand on this issue. While I find back-and-forth enjoyable, I'd rather have you address the issues I have raised for a change. I am curious to see your mental gymnastics while you are trying to rationalize it away.

Hmm, opposite day or something? Noone told me? As you are well aware I am not the one known for dancing and dodging.

Also, since it has somehow escaped your notice despite being pretty obvious and consistent: I typically decide post response order using 2 metrics. 1) order it was posted in 2) degree of silliness

Answering first your previous posts, then the silliness you quickly posted in response has distracted me from paying much attention to new stuff. I will get around to it when I get around to it.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Sini you can link articles about how often guns are used in crimes all you want. The simple fact of life is that even if there were ZERO guns, people would still kill each other with other things. You could replace those gun statistics with knives, poison, golf clubs, or whatever else and say those things should be regulated. The old saying "Guns don't kill people.." may be pretty trite, but it doesn't make it wrong.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Daye
I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone that gets injured or killed during the commission of a crime.

I incline to agree with you, especially when we can give the benefit of the doubt to homeowner. In this case - we can't audio tapes clearly show that wasn't purely home defense and he went above and beyond steps necessary to defend himself and his house.

So it boils down to this - does someone get a right to murder you just because you are on their property? I'd say no, there has to be a limit to this.

[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Property no. Breaking into a home...absolutely.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Looks like he was a older man that lived by himself and had his house broken into several times recently. He had probably been dwelling on what he would do next time it happened. They would have hurt the old man if given the chance too. Two meth heads breaking into a home are not going to think twice about kicking some old man around the floor and possibly killing him before stealing everything.

It sounds like he went far beyond the point of *stopping* the threat though. The old guy had probably been dreaming about defending himself for a long time and when it finally happened he couldnt control himself with all that adrenaline flowing. A perfect example would be from A Christmas Story when Ralphie finally snapped and beat the hell out of the school bully.

I would rather the old man be alive and in court for overkill then killed by 2 aggressors. No matter how you spin the scenario they were the aggressors and he just happen to get the drop on them.

They were not just on his property. They busted out his window and entered his home. Those meth heads walked into the trap of an guy pushed to the edge by previous break ins and people violating his home. The old man just snapped and couldnt control himself. Maybe the local dope heads will learn they shouldnt smoke meth and go break into homes.
Come into my parlor said the spider to the fly...

I would hate to see them make an example out of this old man and make other citizens second guess their decision to defend their homes in fear of ending up in prison themselves.

He will get punished just like all the other people who defend themselves legally and then illegally go into overkill after the threat has been stopped. He knew he had messed up and that is why he sat on it for so long before calling someone to ask about a lawyer.

Last edited by Sethan; 02/05/13 07:43 AM.
Page 43 of 64 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard