KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 64 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
This thread would have been so much more politer if all the armed folks had a chance to shoot me, amiright?

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
This thread would have been so much more politer if all the armed folks had a chance to shoot me, amiright?

It seems that your problem is that you actually believe that people who disagree with you are the scum of the earth and have no business breathing. Also that you assume those that disagree with you spend every waking moment jacked into conservative media sources. Just for the record, I spend an average of 0 hours a week watching or listening to any media source other than reading headlines on google news.

Last edited by Brutal; 02/02/13 06:36 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Why would we want to shoot you?

Now, if you busted in my door holding a weapon then you would probably be shot. Unless you do something foolish like that, then you're safe.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Derid

Yeah I saw that ...

I thought arguments were presented well. I agree that it is by far more likely that couple of you gun nutters watches one too many FOX "breaking news", go completely deranged, and go pillaging and raping those filthy 'lieberals' than actual militia forming to stop the army of a tyrannical government from taking over the country.

Not that any of you would change your minds about this even if founding fathers would personally tell you that not what they meant with 2nd.

Hah! Well you have aptly demonstrated in the past that your analytic abilities are worse than poor, despite your pretensions - so no surprise here. I noted in another thread your claim that you never got pushed into red territory with some amusement, since you tread there frequently. It just manifests itself in a slightly different fashion, but is functionally the same. Kudos I guess for keeping enough presence of mind not to deteriorate into vulgar language.

You are probably right that I would not change my mind if the Founders did contradict me. The thing is - they would not. Have you ever actually independently researched the founding era, and the people involved? Of course you haven't, or else you just take the piss and continue talking out your bunghole hoping noone else actually has. The only reason I even give you enough credit to think you might have, is because you have been honest in the past about your disregard for their abilities and intent.

I will give you a free life hint just because I am feeling charitable: Despite your inference elsewhere that you believe the contrary - debates cannot typically be "won" by "dirty" means. Mostly everyone realizes that you are just behaving badly, because you do not know enough about enough to put up an intellectual fight. /shrug

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Please, what intellectual fight? I am not into discussing best way to secede or sharing paranoia about Obama's taking away my guns or government turning into dictatorship and trying to violently oppress me. You are once again confusing participation in your echo chamber with intellectualism.

Everything there is to say about guns was said in this thread. Overwhelming evidence and precedences are against your side, objections you raise are ridiculous and demonstrably wrong. I understand that you see my position in exact same light, but that doesn't make your delusions any less wrong.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Gun Violence

Quote:
There were 8,583 homicides by firearms in 2011, out of 12,664 homicides total, according to the FBI. This means that more than two-thirds of homicides involve a firearm.

How do mass shootings differ from other types of gun violence?
* Killers used a semi-automatic gun in 75% of incidents, which is about the same percentage as the 72% in overall gun violence.
* Killers used an assault weapon in 40% of incidents. This is much higher than overall assault weapon use in crimes, estimated at less than 2%.

Would fewer guns result in less gun violence?
Economist John Lott did extensive work on this question in the late 1990s, culminating in his 1998 book More Guns, Less Crime. He studied the effect of right-to-carry laws by examining violent crime rates before and after they were implemented in various states, up until 1992, and concluded that such laws decreased homicides by an average of 8%. Lott's data and methods have been extensively reviewed since then. A massive 2004 report by a 16-member panel of the National Research Council found that there was not enough evidence to say either way whether right-to-carry laws affected violence. In 2010, different researchers re-examined Lott's work, the NRC report, and additional data up through 2006, and reaffirmed that there is no evidence that right-to-carry laws reduce crime.

How often are guns used in self-defense?
There are no comprehensive records kept of incidents where guns are used in self-defense, so the only way to know is to ask people. Data from the National Crime Victimization Survey suggest that a gun is used in self-defense about 60,000 to 120,000 times each year. Several other surveys confirm this estimate. By comparison, each year about a million violent crimes involve guns. This means guns are used to commit a crime about 10 times as often as they are used for self-defense.

Won't criminals kill with other weapons if they don't have guns?
In 1968, Franklin Zimring examined cases of knife assaults versus gun assaults in Chicago. The gun attacks were five times more deadly. Moreover, the two sets of attacks were similar in all other dimensions: age, sex, race, whether the victim knew the assailant beforehand, and so forth. A few years later, he repeated his analysis, this time comparing small and large caliber guns. As expected, the victim was much more likely to die from larger caliber guns.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Please, what intellectual fight? I am not into discussing best way to secede or sharing paranoia about Obama's taking away my guns or government turning into dictatorship and trying to violently oppress me. You are once again confusing participation in your echo chamber with intellectualism.

Everything there is to say about guns was said in this thread. Overwhelming evidence and precedences are against your side, objections you raise are ridiculous and demonstrably wrong. I understand that you see my position in exact same light, but that doesn't make your delusions any less wrong.

lol

Your continued demonstration of analytical abilities gives me the giggles. I am glad I am not one of those people who lives entirely in a bubble of self delusions where reality needs to continually filtered , lest some glimmer of insight permeate and damage an ego entirely too wrapped up in a malformed worldview.

*Hint: the only person demonstrably wrong here is you, it is also demonstrable that you lack the knowledge and power to form meaningful conclusions from fact, even where you might cite a fact and rely entirely on straw men , false continuum and sophist non sequitur to maintain a wall of ego. *

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I see it is time to go back to mocking you for your irrational position on gun control. I thought article I linked above was interesting, but unsurprisingly you went ahead and just pretended it was never linked.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I see it is time to go back to looking silly by mocking you for your rational position on gun control. I thought article I linked above was interesting, but unsurprisingly I am trolling again because you did not immediately take time to respond to what *I* wanted to talk about.

Fixed that for you.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Well, how silly of me. I forgot about your priorities - ad hominem attack? check. response to a thoughtful article? can wait.

Was this one also written by Russians?

[Linked Image]
Page 42 of 64 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard