KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 41 of 64 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 63 64
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Gun Sales Up, Crime Down... What the Fuck is the problem?
To be fair, most of the spike in gun sales was between November and the end of the year. However, the fact that gun crimes/injuries were down regardless of sales does fly in the face of all of the current arguments for more gun laws.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Oklahoma gun control.

Hey Federal employee's, go fuck yourselves!

http://www.newson6.com/story/20634841/oklahoma-lawmakers-push-to-expand-gun-rights
Quote:
Among the more far-reaching proposals is a bill by freshman Republican Sen. Nathan Dahm that says the federal government has no authority to regulate firearms. It calls for prison time for any federal employee who attempts to regulate firearms in Oklahoma.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Those damn assault weapons are everywhere. Oh wait...

http://www.newson6.com/story/20658062/teen-arrested-in-death-of-a-tulsa-woman

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"He told police he was there when Laird beat his mother to death with what he says was the butt of a shotgun."

Next up, we start talking about banning blunt objects. :D

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah I saw that - good example of cherry picking, and elitist paranoia that proles who dont agree with the "party line" might be armed and cause problems.

Also, many arguments in addition to being poorly rooted in *contextual fact are also disingenuous. Ex: Talking about Jews and the 3rd Reich - its not German Jews that are typically being referred to but Austrian and especially Polish Jews. Most notably the Warsaw Ghetto Jews which in fact performed a failed uprising once they were able to obtain some weaponry - of course the weaponry obtained was insufficient and too little too late.

Another major failing of this silly article is the unfounded assumption that future resistance would not have any underlying political or support structure. The author "claims" that such would not be the case in the future and violence would be random, and cites historical examples of inappropriate violence as if making those citations furthers any particular point.

The fact is the Founders were pretty clear in why people had the right to bear arms. There really is not any serious historical debate on the topic, as long as you do not consider silly liberal historical revisionists attempts as serious - which I do not.

I find it interesting that the Atlantic reached *across the Atlantic to Moscow and found an elitist Russian 1%er to launch this broadside on the rights and capabilities of Americans.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: The Scientologists at The Atlantic
The second pillar has fewer scholarly pretensions, but it employs even more historically dubious arguments. It suggests, for example, that the Holocaust could have been avoided if Germany's miniscule Jewish population had been better armed. It also argues that Ukrainian peasants could have defeated the Stalinist regime, backed by the NKVD and the Red Army, if they had possessed individual firearms. But these counterfactual interpretations of history are wildly speculative -- and downright implausible.
And yet each of these governments found it necessary to round up all of the civilian weaponry before applying the government boot to their neck...

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Yeah I saw that ...

I thought arguments were presented well. I agree that it is by far more likely that couple of you gun nutters watches one too many FOX "breaking news", go completely deranged, and go pillaging and raping those filthy 'lieberals' than actual militia forming to stop the army of a tyrannical government from taking over the country.

Not that any of you would change your minds about this even if founding fathers would personally tell you that not what they meant with 2nd.

Last edited by sini; 02/01/13 08:11 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Not so polite after all

Quote:
Myth #3: An armed society is a polite society.
Fact-check: Drivers who carry guns are 44% more likely than unarmed drivers to make obscene gestures at other motorists, and 77% more likely to follow them aggressively.
• Among Texans convicted of serious crimes, those with concealed-handgun licenses were sentenced for threatening someone with a firearm 4.8 times more than those without.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Mother Jones LAWL

Page 41 of 64 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard