KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,019,620 Trump card
1,339,131 Picture Thread
477,934 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#113326 01/25/13 09:01 AM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Because it sounds better than "i told you so"

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #113375 01/27/13 03:31 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Because it sounds better than "i told you so"

This administration is pretty stupid. I like seeing so called "Highly Educated" people look stupid. At some point you have to have common sense. This Prez lacks that.

Wolfgang #113379 01/27/13 01:05 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I didnt realize that the US president decided who the Egyptian president was. Thanks for the info.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #113380 01/27/13 01:49 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I didnt realize that the US president decided who the Egyptian president was. Thanks for the info.
He shouldn't but he sure spent an awful lot of time telling us how great a regime change would be, and money making it happen, then telling how it would stabilize the middle east. And we were all called "crazy" for saying that the Muslim Brotherhood are religious zealot wackos. Who was right and who was crazy?

Kaotic #113387 01/27/13 03:25 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
For better or worse, the US supports democracy. I do too.

Kaotic #113389 01/27/13 04:17 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Democracy is merely mob rule. I do support a representative republic similar to ours (not that ours is perfect, just that it seems to be the least bad). However, I think its pretty obvious that once the mob ruled in Egypt, the guys who took control immediately eliminated any legitimate ability for the populace to have a say, mob or otherwise. I guess the other option is that the largest part of Egyptians really do want to wipe Israel off the map and do it with our weapons.

Kaotic #113394 01/27/13 09:17 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
There's no such thing as a pure democracy in the world today. It's completely unfeasible. Egypt is a representative democracy just as the US is. Of course, they will have growing pains just as any newly instituted democracy has had.

We can gripe about a country ran by uneducated religous zealots; but remember, that's what Europe says about us. I still say it's simply moral for the people to have a choice, instead of a president for life/single party government.

While I don't know the details of the political turmoil in Egypt, from a cursory glance it appears that the current administration hasn't committed to any policy ideaology wholesale. For instance, after an unfortunate stance against Isreal, they backed off because of international pressure. It seems like their still trying to triangulate between Shia, International and (secular) administrative interests; all the while testing the limits of their power.

Insert quotes about democracy being messy and being merely the best of bad alternatives.

Kaotic #113396 01/27/13 09:48 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: TurkeyJ
For better or worse, the US supports democracy. I do too.

Honestly, if you believe this you should take a closer look at our foreign policy. There is plenty of well written material on this topic originating from all domestic political persuasions.

We do of course support 'democracy' when convenient and expedient.

Democracy is merely mob rule.

Yep. It is not by accident that the elites and media in this country constantly refer to "democracy" in public discourse, especially in reference to ourselves and values. They are all obviously educated enough to know the difference. But there is nothing more fickle that the mob, and pure democracies with simple majority rule are the easiest political construct to corrupt. All it takes is a media campaign - whether it is terrorism, financial collapse, school massacres... to convince the mob that giving up 4th/5th amendment rights, handing trillions to corrupt cronies, giving up 2nd amendment rights... etc...

The mob is by definition irrational, a little scare, a little fear.. people will hand over their rights and absolve the powerful of accountability. You would think that noone would ever, ever trust a politician or talking head that spoke in terms of "democracy", or called us one.

I guess the other option is that the largest part of Egyptians really do want to wipe Israel off the map and do it with our weapons.

In regards to Israel, I think the deal was that the Egyptian military would stay in our pocket. The new regime could do what it wanted domestically, but the military still has the ability to veto foreign policy.

On that topic though, I think we spent far too much time worrying about Israel when we have such drastic problems at home. We are currently having a hard time protecting our own rights.

Also, we let our cultural hate of anyone wearing a turban to cloud our vision. Our blanket support of the Israeli govt has allowed them to get away with acting like cads.

Any red blooded American that was suddenly by some magic transformed into a Palestinian and forced to live under the occupation conditions would be grabbing their rifle as well.

Of course this does not excuse the behavior of some Arab groups. George Washington never once ordered the taking of British children hostage or ordered the bombings of schools or ordered the beheading of civilians to instil fear. They are all fucked up over there, and we would be better to not involve ourselves at all.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Kaotic #113403 01/28/13 04:23 AM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex2hj5rLN48

I'll help you learn about George Washington.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Kaotic #113416 01/28/13 08:46 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"I didnt realize that the US president decided who the Egyptian president was. Thanks for the info. "

Sarcasm will get you nowhere. Especially against other masters of Sarcasm :D

If you think we have zero involvement in foreign governments and who gets to play the "in charge" guy / gal during any given time period, then you're deluded. We may not advertise it on the front page of CNN, but I assure you, we meddle in everything :D

Then again, the same thing can be said of foreign governments regarding the US as well. The more foreign countries purchase / buy US corporations, the more say so they have ( in the form of lobbying types ) in the makeup of our own laws and elected officials.

We like to install folks who play friendly with US interests. Once they cease being useful, we simply remove them and install another.

This doesn't work with all countries, of course, since some of them understand the game we play pretty well. But for the little guys who are still have ambitions of becoming a world power, it's pretty much the daily routine.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard