KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 55 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,364 Trump card
1,340,908 Picture Thread
478,856 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#113116 01/19/13 09:25 AM
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
i would really like to make use of the alt accounts provided by jetstar
would the people crafting armor and weapons be opposed to doing it on a guild alt when server launches
this insures that if someone decides they dont want to play that their weaponsmith doesnt stop playing and we r left with no weapons ect as well it also facilitates the ability for multiple people in the clan to have access to use this toon to make armor for themselves and others rather than waiting on the pre defined person to log on to get them to craft for you

are people into this method to make our first crafters on df1?
after we have them up and running i have no doubt others would pick up as a 2ndary after a while but to fuel the first round id prefer it be done on our crafter alts i will work to get the acc infoz
please discuss

Morlander #113119 01/19/13 09:42 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I have a second computer where I can do nothing by craft, yet still be able to play my character and gain skills as well without falling behind in the stat game. So YES, I can weaponsmith with an alt.

Morlander #113123 01/19/13 10:51 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
i think this is the best way to do it, at least in the early game.

KGB Darkfall
Morlander #113148 01/20/13 03:52 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I think that the idea is good, but I worry about the execution.

It seems like for crafting to work, you need several people to work on different chars. One for Armorsmith, one for smelting, one for weaponsmith, because to get to the higher levels they need the 10,000 prowess to get the gm skills. I think that this can only be done quickly if there is a focus on the character development as well as on the crafting.

If we have one char that is the guild crafter that is used to both armorsmith, weaponsmith, smelt, ect then I am not sure this is going to be practical.

Here are a few options that I see.

1) Bartenter/guild crafter is used as the 2nd tier crafter, so that people can log on to craft the lower level gear they need to play the game. It does make the guild dependent on someone for the higher level gear.

2) I also am playing an alt, I would be willing to give the guild leadership access to my alt account so they can access top level armorsmith goods. If wolf does this for weaponsmith, and val for smelting, hare for staff/boats, mord for const/engineering... ect. Then the guild as a whole would always have access to top level gear.

3) Guild should have 5-9 alt accounts, one dedicated to each core crafting skill. There are 17 crafting skills, each char can really one specialize in one primary and one secondary. People should be assigned to be the primary developer of a specific guild crafting accounts, but anyone can log into it when needed. This way if someone leaves, or is on vacation, it can be accessed by others. These accounts can also be used as macro sparing partners. Any suggestions on char names, and what skills should be paired on each account??

Just a few thoughts. The idea is good, and not having gear because someone is on vacation, or going through burn out is a very real threat that needs to be mitigated.

Last edited by Luxor; 01/20/13 04:00 AM.
Morlander #113161 01/20/13 12:56 PM
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
the guild cant support every crafting type at the same time the idea is to do the ones we need first then the same alts will pickup a new one that hasent been done yet after the 1st mastery is had

Morlander #113166 01/20/13 04:16 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I am going to fund these accounts.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Morlander #113174 01/20/13 06:58 PM
Arch Duke
Arch Duke
The point of spreading around the crafting abilities at first is the mastery cost of 10000 prowess. I could see us rushing crafters for armor and weapons as well as smelting but to have an expectation that these will all be on one char who would need 30000 prowess for all 3 masteries might be over reaching in early game. IMHO

Hare #113179 01/20/13 08:45 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I think we all agree that having one alt for crafting just won't work. If everyone wants to help, but also wants prowess anything that we give to the clan as far as harvesting shouldn't be refined. That should be done by the crafting alts to help boost their prowess to get mastery. That's just a suggestion. I know everyone will be wanting to gain prowess in order to buy other skills.

I started weaponsmithing the day after the patch. So from that time until today I've made it to 100 weaponsmithing. I did so with everyone's help, including all the mats and gold that I threw in. Getting to R20's isn't that hard given that we have a good Incoming supply of mats and gold. Past 50 weaponsmithing is when Gold and Iron ingots are even more Important. We have yet to see exactly how many mats and the cost of gold that it will be to craft R40 weapons. We do know that it will cost some seletine ingots as well.

Remember, the faster we get a guild alt crafter up to R30's the better chance we have at PVP and we can take on higher ranking mobs that drop better loot. Of course armorsmithing will come into play with getting the armor we need as well. It's going to have to be a community effort in getting this all done so we can move forward and be competitive in other aspects of the game, which usually leads to more fun.

Morlander #113185 01/20/13 09:42 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
We need to invest into these alt accounts as a guild and ensure that they are always available in the future and not based on any single player sticking with KGB, and or DFUW in general.

I expect this game to have a lifespan similar to UO or DF1. Which is why I am going to personally fund the accounts and be the Founder of KGB in DFUW.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Morlander #113190 01/21/13 12:35 AM
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
bartender is fully up and running I was able to reconnect him using the information you gave me Jet. I activated it using my paypal.

I don't have enough information on the other account to try and recover it. (email it was activated with)

Sofar here is what I know

Wolfgang is knocking out Weaponsmithing (working on purchasing Mastery 10k prowess)
Luxor has reached plate in Armorsmithing (working on purchasing Mastery 10k prowess)
Hare is wearing many hats but works on Staffs (working on purchasing Mastery 10k prowess)
Valaria has taken on refining Iron (working on purchasing Mastery 10k prowess)
I have my main breaking down timber to wood (working on purchasing Mastery 10k prowess)
Bartender is up and running and can be used however you see fit. He is currently in the wolf lands where there are plenty of iron nodes around. His feats were a little glitchy so I have not yet made him a mount.
I have another alt Mearie Dekgb who I've just been focusing on harvesting. I can either use this as another refiner (possibly cloth) if you want or I can open her up to be used by the guild as well.

As a suggestion. With open accounts try and be sure to check in vent/clan chat before logging in so as to not put anyone in peril if it should kick them off the account.

P.S. I played all freaking day long and had a blast laughing and harvesting with everyone :) loved hanging out with you guys (and gal!) again.

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard