KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am not on the bandwagon for armed guards at schools. I think that just sets up your kids mentally to believe being searched, monitored via video cameras and guarded constantly is a normal part of life. Plus it will turn into a TSA for schools within a few years.

If local communities want to have a few more local cops patrolling the school then by all means they know what is best for their community. I would hate to see a federal approach to guarding schools though. I think it will turn into another expensive failure similiar to what happened in our air ports.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Military school for everyone !

Solves:

Child obesity
99% of school shootings ( that crazy guy did shoot up a military base recently )
gang problems
teaches firearm responsibility
no more rich vs poor school districts
bullying goes away
etc, etc

Last edited by Daye; 01/18/13 09:27 AM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Daye
Military school for everyone !

Solves:

Child obesity
99% of school shootings ( that crazy guy did shoot up a military base recently )
gang problems
teaches firearm responsibility
no more rich vs poor school districts
bullying goes away
etc, etc

Worked for a lot of countries but will never work in the US. We have too many lawyers, politicians and entitled youth.

I know a lot of kids would probably have fun and benefit from doing some military type schooling but its those overweight kids that would die from running a mile that you have to worry about.

I would pay good money to see some of the schools in our area go through a basic boot camp though. I bet if it came to a vote you would see a lot of parents from all kinds of school districts opt in to send their kids to a youth boot camp.

Last edited by Sethan; 01/18/13 09:42 AM.
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: sini
it is not practical to arm-guard everything of value from otherwise low probability threats
why then are we putting so much focus on this instead of focusing on something that can have significant impact?

I mentioned low probability, you misunderstood it as low impact. Mass murder of small children is high impact event in my book and I think most of the country agrees with me.

Passive security (like armed guards) against low probability high impact events is hugely expensive and over long enough time frame is not successful.

Last edited by sini; 01/18/13 10:28 AM.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I think it is successful in terms of prevention, I have to agree on cost though.

More kids have died of the flu this year than mass shootings, effort would be better spent engineering better flu defenses as opposed to any sort of 2nd amendment suppression or armed security.

Simple solution for schools - better doors/locks, pay for qualified staff to get CCC/CCL with ongoing refresher training + a small raise for having one.

Of course then, the crazies would just switch to mowing over kids waiting at a bus stop with a pickup truck or something. Just like better airline "security" leads people to start blowing up bombs in crowded airports instead of on planes. /shrug

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
Mass murder of small children is high impact event in my book and I think most of the country agrees with me.
Now that you've clarified your position as an emotional reaction rather than a rational logical argument, I think we all better understand where you're coming from.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Gun Sales Up, Crime Down... What the Fuck is the problem?

http://personalliberty.com/2013/01/02/gun-sales-up-crime-down/

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
NRA Fights Legislation That Would Ban Gun Sales To Those Currently On Killing Sprees.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
You forget the :) .. can't even follow your own rules.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Brutal
You forget the :) .. can't even follow your own rules.
He wasn't joking. He reads The Onion daily for news and commentary. What he's doing is avoiding addressing salient objections to his rationale and deflecting. He's very practiced at that. It's his go-to tactic for when he doesn't have a response other than, "na-uh" or "well, well, your mom dresses you funny."

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard