KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 27 of 64 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Just to make clear, because I know one of you will try it, I am not talking about low caliber handguns or anything that is primarily used for hunting.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Concealed-Carry Handguns

Quote:
The population of concealed-carry permit holders in the U.S. now exceeds 9 million, and this group is responsible for very little crime -- they commit crime at a rate lower than the general population, and lower than police officers, and they certainly, as a rule, don't open fire on anyone who looks threatening. They are not the problem, and concealed-carry generally is not the problem.

Israel Is Fact-Checking the NRA

Quote:
On Sunday morning, Wayne LaPierre, CEO of the National Rifle Association, told the world that armed guards stopped school shootings in Israel. Israel begs to differ. "We didn't have a series of school shootings, and they had nothing to do with the issue at hand in the United States. We had to deal with terrorism," Palmor told the New York Daily News. "What removed the danger was not the armed guards but an overall anti-terror policy and anti-terror operations which brought street terrorism down to nearly zero over a number of years."

Gun Rhetoric vs. Gun Facts

Quote:
The United States has the highest rate of gun ownership in the world — by far. And it has the highest rate of homicides with guns among advanced countries. But, again, those are statistics and not demonstrative of a causal relationship.

But among advanced countries, the U.S. homicide rate stands out. “We seem to be an average country in terms of violence and aggression,” says Harvard’s Hemenway. “What we have is huge homicide rates compared to anybody else.”

Says Wintemute: “The difference is that in this country violence involves firearms and firearms change the outcome.”

A Guide to Mass Shootings in America

Quote:
Since 1982, there have been at least 62 mass shootings across the country, with the killings unfolding in 30 states.

Of the 142 guns possessed by the killers, more than three quarters were obtained legally. The arsenal included dozens of assault weapons and semiautomatic handguns.

Half of the cases involved school or workplace shootings (12 and 19, respectively); the other 31 cases took place in locations including shopping malls, restaurants, and religious and government buildings.

A majority of the killers were mentally ill—and many displayed signs of it before setting out to kill.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
The same reason torrent programs are not illegal even when most of the people use them to break copyright laws - there are legitimate purposes for these tools.

Guns, specifically the kind that we are discussing, have no legitimate purpose. There are no circumstances where you need to have one unless you want to have an ability to go on a mass killing spree. There are only two types of gun owners - ones that went on a killing spree, and ones that are still contemplating it.

Please tell me you're joking. That's just about the most offensive bit of drivel of yours that I've read so far. I happen to own one of those "scary weapons" that you people are so afraid of and I assure you that I have never once contemplated using it for anything illegal. I own it for one reason: To defend my property and my life and the lives of the people I live with. That's a pretty fucking legitimate purpose. If you want to live in shiny happy people land and hope noone tries to take your life or the things you own, that's fine. Best of luck to you. But don't dare try to demean me because I can see reality and choose to be prepared for the worst.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Just to make clear, because I know one of you will try it, I am not talking about low caliber handguns or anything that is primarily used for hunting.

Because you obviously have no clue what you're talking about. The round (that's the bullet with casing and load of powder) used in an AR-15 is the iddy bitty tiny one on the far left, everything else in this picture is used for hunting. As a reminder from physics, force is equal to mass times acceleration. Oh, just as an aside, the numbers below the rounds are the diameter of the bullet, so you can see that they get bigger (and more massive) as you move from left to right. You might also notice that the cartridge also gets bigger. That's because they have progressively more gun powder in the cartridge.

To be clear, what I'm showing you is that the AR-15 round is the one of the lowest caliber rifles you can buy.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

Guns, specifically the kind that we are discussing, have no legitimate purpose. There are no circumstances where you need to have one unless you want to have an ability to go on a mass killing spree.

You still don't get it, the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting. It's about having rights to protect ourselves from others, Including our Government if need be.

Quote:
There are only two types of gun owners - ones that went on a killing spree, and ones that are still contemplating it.

This is actually pretty funny, because this proof I have seem someone spew some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever read.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 01/07/13 02:28 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
You still don't get it, the 2nd amendment isn't about hunting. It's about having rights to protect ourselves from others, SPECIFICALLY the Government.

Fixed that for you. Sini will foil me for that, but that is exactly the reason that the 2nd amendment exists.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Kaotic, they are coming to take away your guns.

Do you own AR-15 or any similar large-clip semi-auto rifle?

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Wayne LaPierre Thought Murder Of 20 Children By Crazed Gunman Would Have Blown Over By Now

Quote:
More than three weeks after the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, annoyed NRA president Wayne LaPierre told reporters Monday that while he understands the seriousness of the tragedy, he had only assumed the senseless murder of 20 first-graders and six educators by a mentally unstable gunman would have blown over by now.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The fact that Sini gets his news from The Onion should tell you everything you need to know about his deranged mind.
Originally Posted By: The Onion
Look, I get it: A bunch of kids died, and it’s really fucking sad or whatnot, and blah blah blah, but it’s not the end of the world here, people—the beat goes on,
They cannot even manage to make up a "quote" that sounds remotely like something LaPierre would say.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Kaotic, they are coming to take away your guns.

Do you own AR-15 or any similar large-clip semi-auto rifle?
I don't own any weapons that utilize a "clip," nor have I ever seen an AR-15 that does.

It is worth mentioning, since what Sini says we should ban are high capacity magazines and scary looking guns, that until after WWII the the standard round capacity for soldiers was 5-10 rounds, their rifle looked much like a modern hunting rifle and they managed to kill lots and lots of people. Amazing huh? They must have been super human to be able to pull that off.

Also, I didn't look to see if this is still the case, but as of a couple of years ago the M-1 Garand was still the most widely used military rifle in the world. Oh, it looks like this:

Scary huh?

Page 27 of 64 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard