KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 37 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,022,158 Trump card
1,339,365 Picture Thread
478,154 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#112228 01/04/13 02:19 AM
Hare Offline OP
Arch Duke
OP Offline
Arch Duke
Warrior str requirement for plate is 70 str. Each of 4 boosters at 10 str. Starting races with 20 str can add 4 boosters for 60 str. You only need to grind 10 str hitting mobs to be wearing plate.

In the time it takes a war to grind 10 str I "might" be able to grind 1 int maybe more like .15 int. I have spent a lot of time, hours and hours ask anyone, grinding fireball/lightning in the same dungeon you grind str as a war and my int is still very low.

There is no way the current balance of classes allows a mage to compete with a war in plate. My fireball is still lower than 2h great sword etc etc etc. I could give you a list of reasons to continue to illustrate the balance issues with warriors.

But this could be fixed in a single patch so we will have to wait and see what happens. For now I continue to suggest that KGB get 10 str and 4 str boosters to get new char warriors wearing plate on beta wipes and launch until the mechanics and balance are adjusted.

I will build my elementalist as time allows and eventually be playing that class once it's up to speed and can be balance with other classes.

Hare #112229 01/04/13 04:49 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i agree
key with this are weapon skills or we do next to no damage and pushing str to 120 with the swords grind which im betting is pretty decent when we al wear plate and beat on each other with r0s

Hare #112232 01/04/13 10:06 AM
Y
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Y
They are probably balancing for endgame.

I don't play the game but it is very likely at endgame with all spells unlocked the best strategy will be to sync AoE nukes on clumps using a top notch target caller just like DF1.

Warrior sounds really OP though, can you have multiple characters per account now in DF2 or is it 1 like the first. Was thinking people just have a warrior with plate alt to start the game and keep 'force strength' high while working on endgame character that balances out with proper stats / unlocks.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
As we all know, the first class to level up the fastest will be the OP class. Look at GW2 it went from Elementalists, Thieves to the next classes that leveled behind those.

I hope they don't go slicing and dicing making it imbalanced with some other class. Adjusting Elementalists and Skirmishers a little would bring the balance closer. Warriors being a tank class, will always be harder to kill than other classes simply because of armor. They need to fine tune things a littler better, hopefully they do this by the time the game launches, whenever that will be!

Hare #112236 01/04/13 12:00 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
My prediction is that the primalist will be the balance class to warriors. a stam drain would wreck them. heavy armor has NO resistances to curse, infliction- possibly holy and unholy. So those damage types will be unmitigated by armor.

this game is going to end up being like shadowbane- you will need a balance of classes and focus fire will rule the day.

KGB Darkfall
Hare #112241 01/04/13 01:09 PM
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
KGB Paladin
(G3) General, Archeage Faction
If people can identify the target to get focused

Hare #112247 01/04/13 02:43 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
One nice option in the game is being able to switch roles.

We can all grind the warior/str/greatsword(or maybe sowrd and board!) route as primary.

But on the same toon, everyone can also switch roles and grind out another role as secondary once the primary toon is specced out. Not only would the secondary grind be less due to some tagential stat and skill gain(common skills for example) from the primary role, but in the endgame, the clan as a whole will be more flexible because we can have folks switch roles as needed to maintain class balance in the groups.

The key will be to figure out which primary roles and skills are congruent with which secondary roles and skills. For example, a warrior/skirmisher might be best using sword and board with a bow for ranged attacks. a warrior/elementalist might use greatsword and staff...

Hare #112255 01/04/13 04:15 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Hare

...But this could be fixed in a single patch so we will have to wait and see what happens...

Right.. and that could be tomorrow or after they announce they are closing shop. I would rather be a mage... makes it hard to decide. I have been thinking changing class'es each wipe.

Corpus #112264 01/04/13 05:32 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
So, something we've been discussing today that plays into this conversation is this: There's no reason not to start as a warrior even if you plan to be primarily a skirmisher or elementalist. Grind up 10 strength and get 1500 prowess to buy the 4 strength boosters, then get a set of plate. At this point you can grind up your basic attacks (staffbolt for elementalist or archery for skirmisher) while wearing plate. This will level up those skills as well as increase the dependent stat, so that when you're done leveling them to 100 you can switch to your preferred profession and already have really good stats.

Hare #112283 01/05/13 03:38 AM
Hare Offline OP
Arch Duke
OP Offline
Arch Duke
Cheerio - the stam drain is called Heat Exhaustion and is elementalist spell. It's an aoe and pretty much drains a war stam down to nothing. Its the 3000 prowess spell. Cast it and every war will quickly leave your presence.

I lvld my str to 30 (10 from 20 starter stat) put on some plate and now am lvling my staff bolt as a war, lol sounds backwards but game dynamics make this the easy mode for now.

Gonna do the same thing after wipe, hopefully the duping ends with the next wipe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard