KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#111543 12/20/12 09:11 PM
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
okay i spoke to jet and i am very glad i made this post in beta cuz it seems i mad a mistake.

working to establish the guild name
we are going to name the guild just

KGB
we can put the full name in the guild motto window

1st beta run was different but a large responce from membership and the high king have shown the error of my ways

when game goes live jetstar will be making the guild and we will all stack him with coin to start it

Last edited by Morlander; 12/25/12 04:39 PM.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Just a little concerned that someone will grab KGB and steal our thunder. What do you think?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
been kinda waiting for you to pop out to talk to about naming come live.

atm the clan menu ect has no acronym thingy for you to set a guild acronym what you name the clan is what it says under your name when your highlighted.
as yet it seems the standard most guilds at least in beta have full names i have yet to see one using a acronym as a name and it seemed the way to go imo
also kept people from assuming us russians which tends to happen at times where we r labeled kgb

thoughts jet?

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
After thinking about the name there could be a little confusion for those that didn't know what the acronym meant. Maybe we should just keep the acronym to make sure there isn't any confusion who we are.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/24/12 04:51 PM.
KGB Arch Duke
OP Offline
KGB Arch Duke
would we do KGB or The KGB discuss so we can get this all set for launch
KGB gets my vote its small and quickly read in the reticule during combat altho the color is your real indicator
but i found it a pain to try and see the name of the guy your fighting much less read his long guild tag unless your chasing since it doesnt read over their head anymore and only on your reticule

side not on clan window permissions

need to check into an issue in beta that a post said only the founder of the guild can lay siege which seems jacked to me anyone else agree?
i thought it was a setting in the clan window
but may be a bug
so far it was only me that has tested laying siege and it works perfect for me but im both founder and leader atm

a post said if founder and leader are diff people leader cant even lay siege need someone to test it atm i think only romeo hare and val have complete control of the clan except for changing leader need to have someone try to take a city that isnt leader or founderwhen you click f on the stone if a timer starts its working if you cant get a responce its not
if the city is un claimed that is

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
i think The KGB would be best if you can't do KGB due to the fact that in game we are known as KGB and if u change it to 'The Knights of Glory and Beer' people won't know us by our reputation of being the strong presence we were in df and in other games. other rival guilds and just others in general always saw us running around as KGB and never looked us up to get to know the meaning behind it or anything but still knew of us and all that.

if we changed it to The Knights of Glory and Beer like jet sayed we will probably loss alot of our thunder and in a way have to rebuild our rep and have to put forth a even more effort to put our name out there and make sure all knows who we were and who we still are no matter what name we are under.

I love the KGB name but to me the name isn't what makes us who we are it is the people within. You guys can change it all you want and I will still be here at the end of the day :)

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
KGB it baby people can ask us what it means when want to join and/ or just got ganked!

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
How long have has just KGB been used?

When I first started df1 a rl friend (Atropus I think his main KGB character name was in UO) pointed out somebody flying KGB, I told him that it wasn’t KGB because KGB would be under The Knights of Glory and Beer, like back in UO. It wasn’t until I saw a name I recognized that I realized differently.

So it could go either way… what did you use in sb? That is why Branding is so important. I figured it would be constantly the same. If the name has been flip flopping you might want to consider something like The Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB)

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 12/25/12 02:55 PM.
Corpus #111823 12/25/12 03:01 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
We should keep it the acronym KGB as it was on EU & NA. That's what we are known by in Darkfall, I think we should keep it that way. As you read this look up to the corner top right of this page. it says... KGB - The Knights of Glory and Beer.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/25/12 03:01 PM.
Corpus #111824 12/25/12 03:04 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Ismash Grimblood
How long have has just KGB been used?

When I first started df1 a rl friend (Atropus I think his main KGB character name was in UO) pointed out somebody flying KGB, I told him that it wasn’t KGB because KGB would be under The Knights of Glory and Beer, like back in UO. It wasn’t until I saw a name I recognized that I realized differently.

So it could go either way… what did you use in sb? That is why Branding is so important. I figured it would be constantly the same. If the name has been flip flopping you might want to consider something like The Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB)

As I remember Morlander said once you name the guild it goes with that name there is no acronym. If we are going to do it like that, then it should be as it reads on our website.
Quote:
KGB - The Knights of Glory and Beer

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/25/12 03:04 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard