KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
to arkh all keys r mapable u dont even have to use the radial menus u can hotkey it all
i expect a nice g15 script will server better honestly to keep things orderly. and totally customized

to donk u seem to want something that takes next to no effort to play and i think in the end df wouldnt fit that bill anyhow
this will be more like the old mmos which the more you play the more you get.
yer post above is pointing out bad systems that are almost identical to all other games out there such as the vendor menus in old df which r identical to eq guildwars just about every mmo out there the crappy mount system again not really different from any other game out there with mounts other than you can steal them from sloppy people who dont take care
u dont have to harvest for them if you dont want people sell them.
when you refer to the huge grind to get skills i dont seem to remember it being a issue to get gold in the original df which had prob 100 more skills easily , as long as you played..
fact is you will have to play it and to you i think that almost instantly means grind from what i see...
i dont think it will be that bad
remember how much cash wed make those days wed own up the orc cave?

you rate class types as if you tried them ,did you?
there isnt even enough people to pvp cuz of log ins
hopefully when its more polished it will peak a intrest for you

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
i played its very much like df1 with minor changes and a new ui that i dont like much i hate the backpack its gonna be fail. but the game well its going to b epic fail if the dont add the things they said and need that players wanted. so far the little shitty mob spawns that r currently in the game r a huge fucken joke and the fact the world is so damn empty yet again is just gonna be fail. so my thoughts i dont see alot of new shit so not much for old vets to do like yourself since most of it is the same ole but who knows maybe they will pull a rabbit out the hat. we will see but so far im worried dfo is going to slowly die. and never live up to the potential it has. its like watching a doctor throw his life away with drug addiction or something hehe anyways we will see

[CENTER][Linked Image from nodiatis.com][/CENTER]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
After 18 hours of beta playtime here are some more notes.

Starting out on a brand new toon you have a "tool bag" that has one of each tool type. You also get a portal shard so that you can port to an outlying area if you choose to. (This is only on brand new toons right out of the tutorial.)

Stats are gained and saved although inventories are not. (a ding sound and a message in the top left of your screen informs you of a stat/skill gain. You can also keep tabs on your paper doll and record your progress.)

I put a total of 18 hours into the beta so far playing each role and using each skill. Range is hard to play on the high ping but you can do it. (staff to 32, archery to 21, great axe to 26) I went to the southern bindstone of ice island after sitting in the northern most elfland starter city and farmed the bandit camp.

I even had a guy on a mount try to PK me so I jumped in the water until he decided to quit chasing me. (mounts still swim for free)

@Mor: The reason gold was easy for us to make is because we blatantly exploited the shit out of the andruk dungeon. Money gain is fairly slow at the game start farming wise. The only real option to make mass amounts of cash at startup is to...

A: Find an exploitable high end spawn(where I was I was already perching Ice Jarls but could not finish the kills by myself as the health regen was too fast for my noobie mana missile. although i did raise my staff skill a shit ton lol)

B: Harvest mass resources and sell to the city builders or stock pile mount materials (just remember that those that are building cities are already going to be strapped for cash) I would right at launch to get mountcrafting ASAP and run around wildnerness areas killing the ORE MINERS that will be trying to get the very first server up rare ore types to get a jump on the economy.

I can tell you already that 4 guys over the course of 3 hours of play killed the new swamp dragon on the southeast side of the map middle and that I am dissapointed that AV still has not done much in the way of blocking exploits after 2 years.

Also there have already been mass gank squads and lots of small scale PvP as well as 2 guild dueling tournaments and one inter guild 5v5 tourny already done. The winning 5v5 team consisted of...you guessed it...5 mage roles all spamming the PBAE lightning ability since the PBAE has a larger area than a melee attack.

I still love sandbox mmo concept but my gripe still lies in aventurine being mis-managed. They already trolled us into making their xmas money but hell, 15 bucks for a slot machine pull that may pay off later down the road is not that bad of a deal i guess lol.

Like I said though I will pick it up again at a later beta build or at launch as I no longer believe in beta grinds.

Here's to hoping they get the kinks worked out.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 12/20/12 03:00 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
Still working on patching... I miss my Fios...

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
and here i was thinking about playing df2 :( guess i'll wait til things get worked out before i go test it... they deleted my account so i gotta call them and figure out whats wrong with it. otherwise i am gonna have to pay the full price and not get the returning member discount ;/ which i don't want to do if I am unsure if i even will like it :(

Arch Duke
Arch Duke
Starter Suggestions:

Finish the initial tutorial then drop all the stuff you got in the bank, Clan bank if its in beta and personal bank persistence is still a problem. You will be in a starter city doing Feats/Quests/Tasks whatever you want to call them, keep doing them until you get to "summon mount" this means there is a mount put in your bank (if you spawn it do it close to you and far from anyone else it can be STOLEN by anyone once spawned).

Find the armor/weapon/combat merchant and locate both the armor and weapons "racks" which are really large chests near the vendor. Click on these every 15 minutes or so while in a city or when returning to cities you will be rewarded with 1-4 items including the highest lvl items in DFUW R8 weapons and armor. The loots are random so you may or may not be able to use the items bank them for now but make sure you hit these often, Darka thinks they are 15 minute cycles and I think you can hit them whenever you log in as well if less than that.

The tutorial feats will walk you through the basics of the towns and mob locations and end with skinning, the mount and instruction for you to leave the safe area.

You should have put the portal shard in the bank when you got to the starter city so you can use it to get summoned to wherever KGB is congregating or use the mount you were given. This will allow us all to start whatever race we want and still join KGB quickly.

I suggest you hit the local nodes and get some stats/items/crafting mats while you do a few cycles of the chests. with all of my characters I wait until I get a primary weapon I plan to use and I put back a few steed grass while building up stats.

At start up - some KGB will be searching for Chaos Chests, random chests that spawn all over the map, for gold to create the guild. After this last wipe in Beta I spent half a day in town harvesting and hitting the chests in town, then a few of us started looking for chests to get the clan started. Later that night I went out and got lucky and found a Chest with 10,000 gold in it.

Until the next wipe - we are using the clan bank and have bags named for everyone, clan tools and other resources available to everyone to get started.

Skill ups are important and most things you do in game will improve your stats.

Prowess points are new and are linked to Clan Dominion points (I think its 8:1) which are clan points we need to claim hamlets or cities down the road. Everyone should be doing gathering/crafting/fighting whatever is your preference to gain points. One thing we could look at is a script of what we should be doing in order at launch to maximize our prowess and dominion points if we want a hamlet or w/e. Also let me say while everything gets you prowess gathering/crafting has an edge. I can say for a fact that when I was gathering/crafting my gains were very fast and when I went to killing they slowed down. Even in the starter dungeon with 30 mobs dead at my feet my pace was slower than others gathering/crafting.

Mor will be working on his final plans for release these are just my notes from Beta so far.

Most things are still based off of the dfo basics but there have been some nice changes. The combat may or may not be better once desync clears up we can decide. Lots of things seem new and were significantly simplified from dfo for DFUW.

Come enjoy beta and get ready for launch.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Devan Omega
and here i was thinking about playing df2 :( guess i'll wait til things get worked out before i go test it... they deleted my account so i gotta call them and figure out whats wrong with it. otherwise i am gonna have to pay the full price and not get the returning member discount ;/ which i don't want to do if I am unsure if i even will like it :(

Make sure your not just having the same problems I was having... read Romeo's post to me below. To me it looked like my accounts were 'gone' too.

Originally Posted By: Romeo_Montague
If you are using the forgot password/account tool from the new DFUW Account area (https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/), then it will not retrieve your old account information. That tool is only to retrieve forgotten information after you have the new subscription.

You have to click "Buy" (at https://ams.darkfallonline.com/AMS/) and fill out the information, essentially creating your login details for DFUW. At the bottom of the page click, "I've purchased Darkfall in the past" and then put in your old Darkfall account info; it will then give you DFUW access and only charge you $14.95 (for the subscription.)

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
thanx it works now just to figure out if it is worth $15 bucks atm to try it lol.

question is this a full fledge beta with wipe or this basically launch with beta title where u keep your chars when they decide to say it is good enough lol? I don't wanna be left too far behind.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You won't keep your character at launch. This is only beta, so there will be a character wipe. Beta is meant to play to workout all the bugs so they can fix it. This is why when you get in game you test everything that you can, this means PVE,PVP,Crafting, gathering anything that could have a bug.

For Instance I'm playing a warrior. Some of my skills that I use do not work while I'm in combat. If they do work it's very little of the time. Since it takes mana to use my conversion mana to stamina that means I drain mana. So if those other skills that I have do not come up I cannot use them because my mana is drained from the conversion. Which on a warrior is pretty stupid to have my skills mana based since a warriros mana pool is very small and gets used up by the conversion to stamina since warriors don't have a large stamina pool either. This is something they are going to have to look into.

Also, if you don't like losing your stuff because you crash and such you may not want to play beta. You will crash, some times you will lose everything in your inventory. You've been warned!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/24/12 09:16 PM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
i always played df expecting to loss everything lol. I learned that fast that way i never got attacted to anything. and yea i know it is beta and all it is just the way they worded it about changing it from launch to beta just kind of confused me some and I didn't see anything about wipe so was just curious.

I haven't even tryed going to the df forums because I don't wanna see the 1 million rant posts I am sure is there that will make me think even worse about the game lol. I trust you guys opinions a hell of alot more then I do about a bunch of care bears opinions lol.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard