KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/econ...tors_picks=true

When Govt gets involved in micromanaging society, powerful actors in society divert their resources to influencing Govt.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
I will see that Wal Mart article and raise you one

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...althcare-costs/

Maybe should have called it the Unaffordable Care Act

I have read this article too, it is not at all surprising that you decided to blame ACA instead of Walmart for skirting social responsibility.

Especially hypocritical is whole "corporations are there to make profits, so lets offload our employment costs on taxpayers" thing that you tend to ignore.

For the record - I agree with Rick Ungar. Make sure to read comments section.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Reality is reality. Reality is impossible for Govt to predict. Such low level micromanagement is typically doomed. As in most cases, Govt had benign intent that ends with poor real consequences. Thats how it typically works, due to the fundamental incapability of Govt to micromanage societal change. It doesnt work. If it did work, and the world could be made a better place with active social violence, I would be right there with you.

It doesnt, so I'm not.

Also, nothing hypocritical at all - thats a non sequitur on your part - at least as a general rule. Because its not necessarily the corporations pushing for Govt to subsidize low wages. If a terrorist takes a hostage and demands a ransom from you and you do not pay the ransom, so the terrorist kills the hostage - whose fault it is? Yours for not paying the ransom, or the terrorist for taking the action?

I do not ignore that situation at all, I just assign blame where blame is due - on the Govt. However, I also think that in the grand scheme of things... I would rather have employed people being partially subsidized as opposed to unemployed people being fully subsidized. Plus its not like every, or even a majority of workers are subsidized - though it is a significant number. Would be interesting to see who is getting subsidized... my hypothesis is that is is mostly people who pop out dozens of kids despite being dirt poor. The Govt has decided to subsidize that behavior, but I dont mind that so much if those people also hold jobs and pay what they can. /shrug

In this particular case I do agree that Wal Mart is very hypocritical though ,because those fucktards actually politically backed Obamacare.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Do you are least acknowledge that government should not be subsidizing wages of profitable corporations? You have been running from this point for a while, perhaps you should address it for a change.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Originally Posted By: sini
Do you are least acknowledge that government should not be subsidizing wages of profitable corporations? You have been running from this point for a while, perhaps you should address it for a change.

I do not ignore that situation at all, I just assign blame where blame is due - on the Govt. However, I also think that in the grand scheme of things... I would rather have employed people being partially subsidized as opposed to unemployed people being fully subsidized. Plus its not like every, or even a majority of workers are subsidized - though it is a significant number. Would be interesting to see who is getting subsidized... my hypothesis is that is is mostly people who pop out dozens of kids despite being dirt poor. The Govt has decided to subsidize that behavior, but I dont mind that so much if those people also hold jobs and pay what they can. /shrug

----------------------------------

I did address it.

Still, like I indicated previously - leaving aside all the bologna like ending part time work, and with some possible caveats - I would entertain raising minimum wage. My biggest worry there is rising housing and food costs, but if it was done incrementally in a sane manner I think it would be reasonably safe.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Still, like I indicated previously - leaving aside all the bologna like ending part time work, and with some possible caveats - I would entertain raising minimum wage. My biggest worry there is rising housing and food costs, but if it was done incrementally in a sane manner I think it would be reasonably safe.

I will address you other point at a later time.

As to minimum wage, have you looked up some of the references I mentioned in this thread? There is on-going research that suggests minimum wage/inflation link isn't as strong as traditional thinking goes, at least within current operational parameters of it being historically (when adjusted for inflation) lows. My personal opinion - just like with cutting taxes, keeping minimum wages down run its course and well into diminishing returns territory.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Most government intentions are in the right place, the size and bureaucracy of it are usually what cause the failures.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Darden's "Worst" 401(k) Gets Even Uglier

Quote:
The 401(k) retirement savings plan the company crafted for its employees, which participants pay Wells Fargo over $700,000 annually to administer, was rated as one of the three worst in the nation. With an average retirement account balance of only $3,900...

Darden’s workers will enter into retirement with virtually no 401(k) assets. When they do, it may be tempting to blame them for failing to work harder, save more, or make better investment decisions—such as avoiding the stock of their employer. However, in my opinion, Darden itself, having stacked the deck against their employees, bears most of the blame. Let no one feign surprise when these hundreds of thousands of workers join the ranks of the elderly poor.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Page 11 of 22 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 21 22

Moderated by  Derid