KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...ntrol/309161/1/

Sensible liberal is sensible. And I am referring to the author, not some of the people he interviewed on the first page.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini
More stand-your-ground murders

I wonder whats more at fault here, guns or stand your ground provisions.

Medical fuck ups kill more people then guns, so where is your rant about how we should get rid of doctors so people don't die from doctors, pills don't kill people doctors kill people.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/arch...ntrol/309161/1/

Sensible liberal is sensible. And I am referring to the author, not some of the people he interviewed on the first page.

I've read and agree with the article. As much as I want to see gun nuts lose their guns, it is not going to happen. The next best thing is to have "license" to "drive" guns. Something I have stated many times in the past.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This makes a lot of sense now.
You have no idea what the Constitution is.

You want to live some where that will change the laws
to fit you and your ideals.

I think you need to take a course in Constitutional Law.

Granted your progressive movement has made great inroads into
making the Constitution go away, it is still here.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Chuckle.

Licensing guns makes no more sense than licensing vehicles in my opinion. Even with vehicle licensing, they still kill more people every year than guns ever will :D ( And there are more guns out there than vehicles to boot )

If you write laws to limit or outright ban the ownership of a thing, it will only serve to increase demand for it. Guns are pretty much illegal in Mexico without a license, yet they certainly have no issues with obtaining them illegally.

Illegally being the the word I want to stress here.

If you are willing to break the law to obtain them, you certainly will ignore any laws pertaining to their use. When is the last time a bank robber changed their mind because of a " Firearms Prohibited " sign on the front door ?

Folks who kill other folks with firearms do not CARE about the laws concerning it. If not a gun, then a knife. Or a bat, or a crossbow ( was in the news recently ), or a car, or whatever is handy at the time.

Folks who go after guns do so because it is the easier of the two variables to deal with. The tough one being the people who wield them. I merely need to point out alcohol as the perfect example and how well prohibition worked out to prove my point.

Too much work to deal with folks who abused it, easier just to deny everyone. Or so they thought. . . .

Last edited by Daye; 12/11/12 02:25 PM.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Ahh more fun news from China where a KNIFE wielding individual decided to take their frustrations out on some kiddos. Proof positive that the human species does not need a firearm to do a lot of damage.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Daye
Ahh more fun news from China where a KNIFE wielding individual decided to take their frustrations out on some kiddos. Proof positive that the human species does not need a firearm to do a lot of damage.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/14/world/asia/china-knife-attack/index.html?hpt=hp_t4

zero died.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Guns don't kill people, bullets do. A gun is as useless as a paper weight with no bullets. Crazy happens, you will never stop people from killing others. When you take away guns in the name of protecting people, you actually take away the protection people already had. That will leave people less safe.

Even if you only ban semi-auto weapons you can kill multiple people. For instance, if you put a side saddle on a single shot shotgun that holds 6 shells on each side you can have 12 shells on the butt stock of the guns. More shells on a belt, if you practice you can be very accurate and fire at a high rate of fire. Its time to live in the real world and realize there are some very bad people out there, taking guns would only allow those people to roam uncontested. Remember the guy in Norway that killed 80+ people? I'm pretty sure if someone there had a gun that could shoot back, that number wouldn't be eighty.

To bad schools don't allow a couple administrators to carry or at least have a hold area for a weapon or two. I would be willing to bet if someone with a gun were close enough there wouldn't be as many children killed.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sini

zero died.

So it's okay then to run around knifing folks as long as you don't kill them ? Chuckle.
By the same logic, the entire school shooting would be non-news had the shooter shot
them all in the knee instead ? :|

The usual Democrat has announced she will put forth legislation that bans everything that
even looks like a scary weapon. I find it interesting she waited to announce this until
AFTER a mass tragedy ( even though she admits they've been working on it for a year or
more ). Guess she figures it's the only way it would ever have a shot of getting passed
to begin with. You don't really want to know my thoughts about folks who use tragedy to
push their political agenda.

My other thoughts:

One, the idea of punishing millions of law abiding citizens for the actions of a few
lunatics is lunacy itself, but then my bar of expectations for those in Congress has
never really been very high.

Two, if it DOES pass, ( again, unlikely ) expect the news to be filled with a violence
the likes of which you have never seen ( unless you've been an active participant in one
of our many wars over the years ) once enforcement begins.

Three, since the law would ban possession completely, millions of formerly law abiding
types would instantly be transformed into federal criminals as the majority who own these
types of devices are not likely to just hand them over because our Congressional idiots
think it's a good idea.

-sigh-

WTB: Mountaintop fortress where I can isolate myself from the rest of the species.

Last edited by Daye; 12/16/12 10:16 AM.
Page 14 of 64 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard