KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,045 Trump card
1,342,311 Picture Thread
480,372 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Quote:
The rankings are based on an index of five factors — health, health equality, responsiveness, responsiveness equality, and fair financial contribution. As noted above, all data is from 2000

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey Derid, show me ANY study where the United States is ranked in the top 10 and substantially above Government run healthcare.

Quote:
A report from the Commonwealth Fund ranked seven developed countries on their health care performance — the US came dead last.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yeah as I suspected. "Fair financial contribution" , "equality" , that report you posted is or is based on the ultra crappy UN report which was basically just a shill report for Govt run health care. Not reflective of actual quality of health care system, we went though this in a previous thread.

Besides, I certainly acknowledge major problems with our countries health system. I just also acknowledge that Govt, as usual, is the problem - not the solution.

Most problems, especially economic and societal problems cannot be solved with violence. Violence is all that Govt is. You do things the way the State tells you, or else they threaten you with imprisonment or death. That is no way to go about making a better society.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Derid reminds me of Baghdad Bob, no matter what facts tell about healthcare, it is always not really comparable, flawed, or entirely different thing.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Thats a flawed worldview you have there.

Try actually thinking things through for once, and consider all the ramifications. You might start seeing things differently if you really start objectively considering how things work.

The truth is, you want an "easy" solution , you want people to tell you that there is a solution, but you dont want to actually think through the solution and put any effort into it. Far easier to cling to empty promises of panacea that sound good while tossing insults at those who see through BS dished out by those who simply want more money and power.

Its pretty sad actually, utilitarianism once stood for liberty - not abdication of personal responsibility or belief in worship of authoritarian violence to impose half baked opinions on others. Nor some vague "greater good" that is defined as something as ridiculous as "most happiness for the most people".

Last edited by Derid; 12/05/12 09:33 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Derid, you are very intelligent and informed person but you let your dogma shape your world view. When you start talking about utilitarianism/pragmatism, you are making mockery of these concepts. You'd be more than happy to see US turn ungovernable and on the way to becoming banana republic as long as it is ideologically pure. Sorry for this being pointed at you, but this is how I see your world views.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

No, not exactly. The reverse is actually true.

Try thinking about personal and interpersonal interactions, then fitting that into the scope of group actions and interactions and continue working your way up.

As with the fast food example, often times you even admit you do not really understand how the things discussed work.

Your admitted lack of understanding , and inability to articulate a model of how your proposals would actually play out in the real world proves that you are the one operating entirely from dogma - not I.

The difference between us, seems to be not so much a question of ideology as odd as that might sound at first. Rather, I see and pay attention to the side effects and compounded consequences - something you never seem to give any mind or care about.

You get very vague, snarky, and dodge any questions that would actually put into question the consistency of your stated principles. I think you like the "idea" of the world you think should be created, and the idea alone is good enough for you. Whenever any negative side effects are brought up regarding an implementation of an idea you favor, you simply dissemble or ignore, or simply refocus on the original problem without addressing the side effects.

Forcing societal change at the barrel of a gun, without actually understanding how the details would work is foolhardy and dangerous. Eastern Europe showed us this much. I dont think the Bolsheviks revolted because they actually wanted to live in a decrepit, Govt controlled police state. But thats what they got, because they did not comprehend all the ramifications of what it was they were asking for. The "idea" they were sold was good enough, and as long as anything could be explained in terms of forwarding that "idea" it was accepted.

Thinking through the entirety of an issue, and understanding the complexity is necessary if positive changes are to be made through violence. The devil is in the details. Ignore the details, and you are doomed to failure. In the realm of politics, this also dooms the rest of us along with you.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Also, I would make the case you that you are the one making a mockery of utilitarianism and pragmatism.

But that discussion can go in a different thread should you wish to have it.

Warning: any such thread will include a need to establish philosophical consistency.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Your admitted lack of understanding , and inability to articulate a model of how your proposals would actually play out in the real world proves that you are the one operating entirely from dogma - not I.

Thank you for providing a glimpse into your thinking and highlighting stark contrast with that and what really happened.

In case you are mildly curious - our conversation went along the lines of you going into deeper into denial over inability to reconcile your faith in the open market and the evidence of its complete and utter failure that results in demonstrable harm to society.

Your claim that profitable corporations could not afford paying livable wages was a cherry of insanity on top of whipped zeal of your misguided believes.

Your appeals "you just don't understand!" were nothing but intellectual capitulation.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

That was not an appeal, that was an observation based on your admitting that you did not understand - and you claim that looking at an aggregate macro view was sufficient to understand all the dynamics at play.

Your capitulation was when you said that looking at SEC filing was sufficient to make a call based on what a company could or could not do at the micro level and still be successful.

Nice try, but until you demonstrate an ability to absorb more fact and arrive at conclusions not handed directly to you by friendly media your assertions of my supposed "faith" (which is not faith, I actually understand the granular mechanics of why markets work and centralization does not on a micro, not an ideological level) and "capitulation" (which is obviously you trying to misdirect, because you know you got 'nuthin) will continue to ring hollow to everyone but yourself.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard