KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Stop waving heads in the air, it is embarrassing to watch. The only lack here is willingness to look past ideology and it is mostly on your part.

I understand enough about economics to understand when profit is put ahead of human well being.

You are simply out of touch if you think the only reason someone would disagree with your point of view is for lack of understanding. I can clearly see you sacrificing principles, character and social contract on the Austrian altar of profit.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sini
Stop waving heads in the air

The only person here doing anything with his head other than thinking, is you and your repeated desire to plug yours firmly in the sand.

Profit is always put ahead of human well being in a successful business, but that doesn't mean that the business owner/manager doesn't care about his people and work damn hard to take care of them. A good manager recognizes the value of good employees and works hard to keep and promote them, or else he spends too much money training and retraining new people. That is a recipe for failure. Human well being is taken care of by the profit motivator. If the world ran on rainbows and lollipops then perhaps we could pay people 1,000,000 rainbowpops per year and everyone would walk around in a fog of lollipop farts. However, profit is the motivation for anyone to start a business and hire people to work for them.

The bottom line is, if you don't like profit, then start your own business, hire 1,000 people (hell I'll make it easy, only hire 10), pay them all $75/hour, give them the best insurance money can buy and see how long your business lasts. Maybe then you'll recognize that employment is just a happy biproduct of a successful business, and that businesses do not, in fact, exist to provide for the general welfare of humans.

Get back to us when you realize how the real world works.

p.s. - None of us are working off of an ideological view. We are all expressing (in what seems like rational sentences, but must be Greek for all of your understanding) real world observations based on practical experience and a fundamental understanding of economics that you seem to lack.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
In this case, you real world credo is nothing but a bunch of hot air. Individual manager experience tells you _nothing_ about how large corporations operate. You can actually make a case that small mom&pop shops are the only ones that are subject to market forces - the rest, like Wall Mart or McDonalds are not. They are large enough to create monopsony on jobs and artificially suppress wages.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
In this case, you real world credo is nothing but a bunch of hot air. Individual manager experience tells you _nothing_ about how large corporations operate. You can actually make a case that small mom&pop shops are the only ones that are subject to market forces - the rest, like Wall Mart or McDonalds are not. They are large enough to create monopsony on jobs and artificially suppress wages.

Rich coming from someone who has apparently only experienced the actual "business" part of business by looking at SEC filings on their investments.

If you think Wal Mart has a monopoly on anything, let alone the power to set wages..

The irony is the only person here on this particular topic whos views are powered by ideology is you. The way you talk on this subject hs me wondering if you have even ever known anyone IRL who lived working retail/food.

You should stick to subjects you know something about.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The End of Middle Class Growth

Quote:
The economy no longer reliably and consistently transmits productivity gains to workers. The result is that many millions of Americans, in particular less-skilled men, are leaving the workforce, a phenomenon the country has never seen before on the present scale.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
That is actually a very good article.

I still want to finish my analysis on this issue, we have discussed it before - but I am missing some data and cant prove my hypothesis without it. Maybe I will look again this weekend and see if I can find what I need.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
\

Call me when you have numbers showing they lost money, all that shows is a rating drop from something I never even heard of.
What's the HUGE PRICE they paid?

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
more Walmart employees on Medicaid, food stamps than other companies

Quote:
In state after state, the largest group of Medicaid recipients is Walmart employees. I'm sure that the same thing is true of food stamp recipients. Each Walmart ‘associate’ costs the taxpayers an average of more than $1,000 in public assistance," Grayson wrote

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
I will see that Wal Mart article and raise you one

http://www.forbes.com/sites/rickungar/20...althcare-costs/

Maybe should have called it the Unaffordable Care Act

Of course many of us saw this coming.
Bottom line: world has some shitty things in it. Wal Mart execs are asshats. Govt intervention tends to fail, even when it is well intentioned.

Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard