KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Unrelated:

The Desert Eagle .44 magnum is by FAR easier to manhandle than the .50AE round.

On the negative side for those who don't or will never own one, they are a BITCH to clean. On par with an AR-15 for sheer pain in the ass. :|

I'll keep the DE as a show-gun, but shoot my Glock. Much faster / easier to clean. . .

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Oh and just to kick the dead horse a bit, this is for the folks who think banning guns will solve the
problem of people killing each other:

By ASSOCIATED PRESS

BEIJING—A teenager killed eight people with a knife and wounded five more in northeast China
after falling out with his girlfriend, state media said Thursday.

The teen killed two of her family members and six more people before fleeing, the state-run
Legal Daily newspaper said. It reported he was caught but did not describe the circumstances.

The official Xinhua News Agency said the attack took place Wednesday night in Liaoning province.
Media said the 17-year-old suspect is from Fushun city and his surname is Li. The attack happened
in Yongling town.

Police in Xinbin County, which oversees the town, declined to comment.

Violent crimes are growing more common in China. There was a string of knife attacks against
schoolchildren across the country in early 2010 that killed nearly 20 and wounded more than 50.

Last edited by Daye; 08/02/12 01:10 PM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
he Philosophy of the Technology of the Gun

Quote:
the perceptual affordances offered by gun possession and the transformative consequences of yielding to these affordances. To someone with a gun, the world readily takes on a distinct shape. It not only offers people, animals, and things to interact with, but also potential targets. Furthermore, gun possession makes it easy to be bold, even hotheaded. Physically weak, emotionally passive, and psychologically introverted people will all be inclined to experience shifts in demeanor. Like many other technologies, Ihde argues, guns mediate the human relation to the world through a dialectic in which aspects of experience are both "amplified" and "reduced". In this case, there is a reduction in the amount and intensity of environmental features that are perceived as dangerous, and a concomitant amplification in the amount and intensity of environmental features that are perceived as calling for the subject to respond with violence.

"if all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"
Did I translate that psychobabble well enough?

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
I respect your response and salute constructive tone of this conversation, but I have not read anything that would change my point of view.

Statements of the Founding Fathers, crime statistics, the Holy Bill of Rights itself...
"
…[I]t is a habit of mankind to entrust to careless hope what they long for, and to use sovereign reason to thrust aside what they do not desire."
-Thucydides

KGB Darkfall
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Armed and polite...

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/...e-legacy/55781/

Quote:
A man in Nevada apologized to his fellow movie patrons after the gun he was carrying fell from his pocket and went off, hitting him in the buttocks.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I bought the kids a new rifle, a .22 that is light and short. Called the crickett, they love shotting, I am useing subsonic rounds so even the 3 year old can shot and not worry about the kick back force one her.

http://www.crickett.com/

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
More stand-your-ground murders

I wonder whats more at fault here, guns or stand your ground provisions.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Nice rush to judgement without knowing what really happened. Its the place of a Jury to decide whether the man was justified in defending himself, not the liberal professional character assassins that somehow get away with posing as legit news media.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Have to agree with Derid on this one.

Getting the story from the paper / news is one thing. What really happened is likely another.

One or more individuals in the car may have said something they shouldn't have ( Ergo, I'm going to kill you ), may have reached for the glove box, under the seat, etc, etc.

I have my doubts the guy was sitting quietly in his vehicle reading his bible after being asked to turn his music down. :D

Is also a reason you keep your hands on the steering wheel during a traffic stop, so the officer doesn't mistake your actions for a hostile one and shoots you for it :D

I'll wait to form an opinion until after we get the details on what transpired during the event.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: RedKGB
I bought the kids a new rifle, a .22 that is light and short. Called the crickett, they love shotting, I am useing subsonic rounds so even the 3 year old can shot and not worry about the kick back force one her.

http://www.crickett.com/

Curious what flavor of ammo you're using. Specifically, the weight. Not very many folks make subsonic .22lr and most I've seen are in the 60gr range making them tough to stabilize in anything outside of a crazy fast twist barrel. ( At least a 1 x 9 twist rate for 60gr )

For that reason, I use full power .22lr on my rifle since trying to shoot a 60gr through it would likely destroy the suppressor as the round tumbles through it upon exiting the barrel.

Page 13 of 64 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 63 64

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard