KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Chanting that I am wrong, without anything to back it up with, does not make you right.

My last point was:

Originally Posted By: sini
You are dodging, you explicitly told me that corporations are citizens. Where does it say this in the constitution?

Feel free to address it when you are done with your hysterics.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Who's Really to Blame for the Wal-Mart Strikes?

Quote:
To put these figures in perspective, the federal poverty line for a family of three is $19,090. You would have to work 40 hours a week, every week of the year at Best Buy to clear that figure. Since about 42 percent of low-wage retail employees only work part time, according to a recent study by Demos, it's not a surprise that about a quarter of them live in or near full poverty.

Ultimately, this all comes back to consumers. We are the ones who choose where to take our business. And for the most part, Americans have chosen cheap.

It's hard to blame middle class families for making that decision -- not a lot of people have the extra cash to make a political statement out of where they buy paper towels and diapers. But it's led to cycle of impoverishment, where big box stores have brought down wages at smaller competitors desperate to compete, taking money out of the hands of workers, and sending back up the corporate food chain to shareholders. That's put a burden back on tax payers: research has suggested that Wal-Mart workers are disproportionately reliant on safety net programs like food stamps and Medicaid. I wouldn't be surprised if the same goes for Target and Best Buy employees.

Why are we, the tax payers, subsidize Wall Mart labor costs and corporate profits?

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The Corporate Blackmailing Of America Is Now All the Rage

Quote:
Restaurant owners who whine about paying the cost of their employees’ health care are leaving it to you and I to do the job for them with every monthly health insurance premium we pay, thereby subsidizing their bottom lines whether we buy their products or not. How is that not corporate welfare? Oil companies who threaten to take their jobs and go elsewhere if we dare to cut back on their research and development subsidies, all the while pointing the finger at single mothers who get government help.

I’m sorry, but this is nuts.

It is no secret that American patriotism was, for many people, long ago replaced by something these folks consider far more important—personal and shareholder profit.

I like profits. But I also like living in a country where our commitment to the betterment of our nation and the lives of our people takes precedence over the desire to give away a few million pizza pies.

If these companies are permitted to get away with this effort to hold hostage their employees—and the American public at large—in order to get their way because they lost an election…or if they can successfully threaten to pick up their ball and take it to a different field because we might just ask them to forgo some R&D subsidy money for the national betterment…America has a problem far more dramatic than paying an extra fifteen cents for a slab of carbohydrate drenched in sugar filled tomato sauce and then covered with artery clogging meat.

Last edited by sini; 11/23/12 09:07 AM.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Target, Walmart, and Other Big-Box Stores Abolish Thanksgiving.
Quote:
At Walmart, Target, and numerous other large retailers, Black Friday has become Black Thursday—a day that's much darker because it puts corporate profits ahead of, well, pretty much everything else that our country is supposed to care about.

Take the example of Greg Fletcher, a member of the overnight crew at a Walmart in East LA. On the night before Thanksgiving he will work a 12-hour shift, from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. His wife, who also works at the store, must be there from 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving day until midnight. "For families like the Fletchers, there really won't be a Thanksgiving this year," said Dawn Le, a spokeswoman for Making Change at Walmart, a campaign working to unionize this and other Walmart stores.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Thats sad to hear and all, but I sure wouldnt support forcing stores to change via the barrel of a gun. As far as I know, noone is forcing people to work at gunpoint.

That so many people have no option but to work at a place like Wal-Mart is largely a byproduct of the policies supported by those who, ironically, want to *force* the stores to change their ways.

Such is the irony of life.

I will reply on the main health care thread soon, mostly just enjoying holiday weekend.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Chanting that I am wrong, without anything to back it up with, does not make you right.

My last point was:

You are dodging, you explicitly told me that corporations are citizens. Where does it say this in the constitution?

Well to address the guy who really goes into hysterics and gets his pegina wrapped in his panties, corporations are made by citizens so that makes the citizen a corporations so then the corporation is made by a citizen the corporation is owned by a citizen so that would make the corporation a citizen. As for where is says it in the Constitution, I notice you never capitalize that evil progressive word, I never said it did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood. Courts have.
I do not dodge anything I leave that to the master poster that you are, I have asked you many ? and have never received a answer.

The fact that you don't think companies have rights makes you look like a fool.

The whole BLACK FRIDAY is or was the day that made or broke companies profits, so it is a very important day to retailers.
These people know that black Friday comes every year and this is how the retailers who make money to keep them in a job do
business.
These are private companies and you nor I have a right to tell them how to do business, well we do, use your wallet, or man purse.

Now we all know that as a progressive you want to make every company you see into a bad light to try and prove your warped way
of thinking as evidence that your are right makes me laugh.

Lets take away all the big evil mean companies you hate and see how long we last.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
As far as I know, noone is forcing people to work at gunpoint.

So you are advocating absolving personal responsibility and expansion of a welfare state? Shocking.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

So you are advocating absolving personal responsibility and expansion of a welfare state? Shocking.

That is an.... extremely odd way to read that, to say the least.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

That is an.... extremely odd way to read that, to say the least.

So what is there other than welfare? I mean, you don't support people getting livable wage from working, you must support them getting welfare? Or are you suggesting they just live under the bridges and starve to death?

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto

My last point was:

Well to address the guy who really goes into hysterics and gets his pegina wrapped in his panties, corporations are made by citizens so that makes the citizen a corporations so then the corporation is made by a citizen the corporation is owned by a citizen so that would make the corporation a citizen. As for where is says it in the Constitution, I notice you never capitalize that evil progressive word, I never said it did. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporate_personhood. Courts have.
I do not dodge anything I leave that to the master poster that you are, I have asked you many ? and have never received a answer.

The fact that you don't think companies have rights makes you look like a fool.

The whole BLACK FRIDAY is or was the day that made or broke companies profits, so it is a very important day to retailers.
These people know that black Friday comes every year and this is how the retailers who make money to keep them in a job do
business.
These are private companies and you nor I have a right to tell them how to do business, well we do, use your wallet, or man purse.

Now we all know that as a progressive you want to make every company you see into a bad light to try and prove your warped way
of thinking as evidence that your are right makes me laugh.

Lets take away all the big evil mean companies you hate and see how long we last.

No, corporate personhood, no matter how you stretch it, does not mean corporations are citizens. It means that corporations can legally own property. Read your own link.

Citizenship for corporations? You are out of your fucking mind if you believe/advocate this garbage. There is no polite way to put it, nor do you deserve any after running your mouth.

Let me put it in terms you could understand. Citizenship means you get to vote. It means you get to get drafted, get married or go to jail. Only people can be citizens.

At the end of the day corporations are imaginary constructs, just like square root of a negative number, they don't exist outside of paper. When you have decisions that involve rights of individual citizens and rights of corporations, individual rights should win every single time.

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard