KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 41 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Shock
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,606 Trump card
1,342,073 Picture Thread
480,091 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Atomsk Offline OP
KGB Knight "The Talker"
OP Offline
KGB Knight "The Talker"
Read this and tell me they havent got their shit togeather.
Also future plans for a Auction house.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=328622

I would very much so like to go back into Darkfall with KGB by my side.

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

*Former Name: Saint Bloodcrest
*Current used gaming name: Atomsk
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
was better than gw2 imo but takes a lot more effort id go play it again if i had friends to play with
new version looks vastly superior

Atomsk Offline OP
KGB Knight "The Talker"
OP Offline
KGB Knight "The Talker"
Originally Posted By: morlander
was better than gw2 imo but takes a lot more effort id go play it again if i had friends to play with
new version looks vastly superior

Thats what im saying we need to put recruitment out, and try to tell the rest of the guild that, hey we should give it a shot again because this new form of DF looks much better,
I mean common everyone that ever bought DF already owns Unholy Wars technically speaking, it should at least be given a shot, but remember Unholy wars is a new game so You Start Fresh, new Char.
** And yes they Did say that the Grind is much Less, and is easier and you become Viable Faster.**
Dont believe it? sub and we will all find out.

Also DF 1 is F2P Currently until November 15th, then it shuts down. So ummmmm yea burn your banks like a boss

Last edited by Atomsk; 10/17/12 10:20 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Sorry to say it guys, but you probably couldn't pay me to play DF 2.0

For me, personally, DF was probably the most unpleasant MMO I've ever played; and I've played a ton of MMO's since Tanarus/UO/etc days. I purchased two copies, only gave it a month's time, and promptly tossed it in the garbage (regardless of money invested.) It is also the first game that my wife actually said, "Sorry, but you're on your own, I can't handle continuing to play that game."

No I did not give it much time, but I hated it so much that I couldn't bear investing more time. I can not even adequately articulate what exact things I didn't like, except to say that I did not like any part of the game: disliked graphics, game play, interface, combat, latency on the EU server, etc., etc. It was not the competition, or any of the social aspects, it was the game itself that drove me away.

I hated to bail on the effort, but I truly found it painful to play.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
DF was the most fun MMO that I played to date, even more fun that my first MMO(UO). the only one that in the beginning you got the thrill, it grabed my attetion for almost 2 years.

What I hated:
the overall bad game design decisions, for example the extreme grinding on resources, and skills, the glitches that give too much advantages to people..
And of course for all possibilities, you need a lot of real player skills and group skills, and leading skills.
So overall people got frustated by game flaws and for their both lack of skill to play the game.

I will play DF 2.0, the major fact that drove me away and is the cause on all mmos, is the lack of number of people to play together and be competivive.. so as we are experiencing already on GW2 we need a big group to accomplish things www.. and DF will be the same, you will not have fun with a 5 man group...

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus

I will play DF 2.0, the major fact that drove me away and is the cause on all mmos, is the lack of number of people to play together and be competivive.. so as we are experiencing already on GW2 we need a big group to accomplish things www.. and DF will be the same, you will not have fun with a 5 man group...

Not trying to derail the cry of support for DF2, but I would have to say that the small groups scenarios are at least equally enjoyable for me.

Sure the mass rush, keep claiming, etc. is fun, but the small roaming bands will always draw me in. Some of my favorite times in UO, SB, AoC, and now in GW2 are the small groups roaming around looking for trouble. And it certainly doesn't always end well, hitting a zerg, etc. But the times when you take out a skilled crew, or defeat 2-to-1+ opposition with a small group are pure fun for me. I am currently loving the 5-man group outings.

We may need a big crew to accomplish the statistical goals, but not at all for pure fun, enjoyment and camaraderie.

One of the things that has kept me in KGB all this time is the idea that we never strive to be one of the Zerg guilds; we will always persist through skill, organization and leadership, even if we get Zerged from every direction out of every place we claim as home. We will always find another home, to raise our banner and challenge our foes.

Last edited by Wildcard; 10/18/12 01:35 PM.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Atomsk Offline OP
KGB Knight "The Talker"
OP Offline
KGB Knight "The Talker"
I always enjoyed both types of PvP in Darkfall, hell i even kinda enjoyed the PvE.
But i liked the small group combat, me and just one other buddy, that was interesting, to the 5 man groups, or 10 man groups.
And i do have a special place in my heart for the huge sieges and huge battles. I loved it all.
Darkfall is a hit or miss game when it comes to people, now im not saying anything, but ill mention it, i get my WTF is that game from the Themepark gamers, not saying themepark games are bad, or they have a special crowd, but im guessing its a Flavor thing.
Darkfall is a special "Taste", you either like it or you dont, i like Darkfall, i like it A LOT, hence my post count on the Darkfall threads in KGB.
Im sorry for all the people that are dissatisfied with Darkfall
(the only time iv ever been like, Darkfall you have failed me was, only in two scenarios, when Magic became the all powerful one, and the current days when everything is now dead because everyone is waiting for Darkfall Unholy wars, and really nothing to big is happening anymore)
But...Darkfall is my MMO Love.
No other games fundels my Cupcakes as good as Darkfall. Yup Yup.

* Deep moment xD- I wana fight for somthing, i wana feel like im logging on to do more then just do my dailies, or to raid, i wana say This is MY city, i live here, "YOU WANA FUCK ON ME? I FUCK ON YOU!!"(Mr.Chao from Hengover). Darkfall gives you that rush, the shakeing hand, the tremble in your breath, that cold shiver down your spine when your hiding from enemies with phat loot on you, the moment when you ride into a city with your clan by your side to fight in an epic battle, to make a name for your clan, for yourself, to be someone, to be recorded in history. To fight for more then just your gear, but for your legion, for your city, for something. Not an achievement that is forgotten in the next X-pack, to not click the "C" hotkey and see "Epics" on my character doll.
Ask this, Who has the bigger "Rush" Blood legion from World of warcraft when getting worlds first, or
the Battle of Hyperion and CotC, which is the true gaming experience? the immersion.
I remember (as i believe it was) Morlander, he told me that Darkfall was the game for him.
I remember his Darkfall speech to me that made me realize what type of world i was playing in.
Im sorry to do this but.. Morlander? will you truly let this die out, will you truly revert to a game with levels and class's? will KGB allow us to give up the UO ideals, the Darkfall battles, do we not understand Aventurine is not your big EA company, they are small, they are still learning, they are just Gamers trying to make a game, not just a Company trying to make a game.
Darkfall is the greatest game, and gameing experience iv ever had, im glad i was there from the beging, the F5 game, and it all, even the worst parts were great memories im glad i was apart of.
I dont need Every Sandbox Element(i.e Custom built cities), i just need Darkfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXfOefOO3Pc&hd=1

Last edited by Atomsk; 10/19/12 12:36 AM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Atomsk

* Deep moment xD- I wana fight for somthing, i wana feel like im logging on to do more then just do my dailies, or to raid, i wana say This is MY city, i live here, "YOU WANA FUCK ON ME? I FUCK ON YOU!!"(Mr.Chao from Hengover). ....

Ask this, Who has the bigger "Rush" Blood legion from World of warcraft when getting worlds first, or
the Battle of Hyperion and CotC, which is the true gaming experience? ....

I definitely pick battles any day over lame dailies, PvE content/raids, etc. PvE is only a tool to raise skills/levels/money, whatever. PvP is ALWAYS the target/goal.

WoW was the worst thing that ever happened to MMO's; it brought the online gaming universe to the masses and offered a dumbed-down, near-brainless experience that a button-pressing-monkey could excel at. Why is that the worst thing to happen to MMO's? Because it was so damn successful, and made so much money, that every large company *cough*EA who buys all the small companies and kills them*cough* want to emulate WoW. AND, the half-arsed EMO players it attracted in hordes now jump to the other MMO's where they cry and whine on the Forums for everything to be revised in their favor. (There have always been forum whiners, but they are 100x worse post-WoW.) I hate WoW with a passion, and want back the hours of my life that I wasted joining friends to play it.

F the EMO whiners, and F every company that caters to the 'nerf' 'overpowered' 'revision' forum trolls. If those jackarses spent half the time learning to play their damned class, and learning to adapt against their despised targets, as they did whining on the forums about the others, they might actually someday become competent players. Don't like your character vs. some other build? --> Learn to adapt, build something else, or get the hell out.

You bastages are making me second-guess my stance on DF, but only if there was huge KGB enthusiasm/commitment, and less grind. With 40+ hour job + family-life w/ baby + schooling, I don't have the time to compete in the grind-environment anymore. (Hell I hardly have time to breathe half the time, other than visit the KGB Forums during work.)

Blah!

Last edited by Wildcard; 10/19/12 09:27 AM.

- Wildcard / Tiernan
Atomsk Offline OP
KGB Knight "The Talker"
OP Offline
KGB Knight "The Talker"
Originally Posted By: Wildcard
Originally Posted By: Atomsk

* Deep moment xD- I wana fight for somthing, i wana feel like im logging on to do more then just do my dailies, or to raid, i wana say This is MY city, i live here, "YOU WANA FUCK ON ME? I FUCK ON YOU!!"(Mr.Chao from Hengover). ....

the Battle of Hyperion and CotC, which is the true gaming experience? ....

I definitely pick battles any day over lame dailies, PvE content/raids, etc. PvE is only a tool to raise skills/levels/money, whatever. PvP is ALWAYS the target/goal.

WoW was the worst thing that ever happened to MMO's; it brought the online gaming universe to the masses and offered a dumbed-down, near-brainless experience that a button-pressing-monkey could excel at. Why is that the worst thing to happen to MMO's? Because it was so damn successful, and made so much money, that every large company *cough*EA who buys all the small companies and kills them*cough* want to emulate WoW. AND, the half-arsed EMO players it attracted in hordes now jump to the other MMO's where they cry and whine on the Forums for everything to be revised in their favor. (There have always been forum whiners, but they are 100x worse post-WoW.) I hate WoW with a passion, and want back the hours of my life that I wasted joining friends to play it.
You bastages are making me second-guess my stance on DF, but only if there was huge KGB enthusiasm/commitment, and less grind. With 40+ hour job + family-life w/ baby + schooling, I don't have the time to compete in the grind-environment anymore. (Hell I hardly have time to breathe half the time, other than visit the KGB Forums during work.)

Blah!

Ahaha well thats good to hear, also,
This post goes deeper into what u were saying about the whole everyone does MMO's now. I posted this not to long ago.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/367117/What-Truly-has-gone-wrong-with-MMOs.html

Give Darkfall Unholy wars a shot, thats the most i can tell you.

Last edited by Atomsk; 10/19/12 11:16 AM.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The meta game for DFO was pretty solid and very fun early EU when there was a high population. That salad tosser Tasos burnt just about every bridge he had to legacy clans who were playing DFO all the way up until early NA.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard