The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 34 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,829,063 Trump card
1,512,790 Picture Thread
580,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#10532 08/23/06 08:10 AM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 557
Former KGB Member
***
Former KGB Member
***
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 557
What do i need to know before i buy one. What I do want to do is to be able to hook my computer up to a satelite receiver and record and play back hockey games on my computer. I am not too concerned about the price, i want a good quality one, willing to spend up to $300 if i have to. Last night in vent people were talking about an online wholesaler as well, could you let me know what the address of this place is.

Thanks


Lenny #10533 08/25/06 09:04 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 903
Former Member
***
Former Member
***
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 903
I thought you lived in Lloydminster?


I think you're looking for something like this. I don't have any recommendations, but I think this is the kind of thing you need. "PVR" --personal video recorder-- is the key.

Last edited by Valentein; 08/25/06 09:16 AM.
Valentein #10534 08/25/06 09:40 AM
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
****
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,653
Likes: 6

Lenny #10535 08/26/06 04:06 AM
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 882
Likes: 2
KGB Supreme Knight
***
KGB Supreme Knight
***
Joined: May 2006
Posts: 882
Likes: 2
Ah, okay looks like you want to go with sattelite.

Since that will be your "tuner" then you need something that will record a HD video signal. Most VIVO cards don't do that - so you will definitely need to do some shopping around a bit for a card that will.

As I mentioned, perhaps it is a stand-alone card (not a video card, but a PCI bus card that will record video signals).


Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1