KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 15 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Greeley
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,003,950 Trump card
1,337,260 Picture Thread
477,076 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
RedKGB #105173 09/18/12 08:13 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: RedKGB
So, he insulted people that were not going to vote for him anyway.

If I had any faith in humanity, I'd lose it just by arguing with conservatives.

No, actually a number of "47%" people do vote for GOP ticket, and there are more of these people in red states, when compared to blue states.

Some of these people are retirees, some of these people are 0.5% that dodge taxes and most of these people that are poor and still pay other kinds of taxes, just not federal taxes.

If you only focus on his comments in context of poor, Romeny's comments are ridiculous and shows how out of touch this ivy tower plutocrat is.

Still, I am willing to give him benefit of the doubt and assume he was talking about himself and his pre-2010 tax returns that put him firmly into that 47%.

[Linked Image]
Sini #105176 09/18/12 08:26 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
According to NPR, 12% non tax payers are disabled, along with anthoer 7-8% retirees. So thats roughly 19%-20%, those that have paid into the belly of the beast, and those that have come to the point of being unable to work.

Also, who said I was consertive? I belive in fiscal consertive but nothing running for election or reelection has that.

I also might add that I dont payroll federal income taxes, I have enough kids and depents not to. So instead of giving the fed an intreast free loan every year I keep it. How ever I do pay property taxes, school tax, hosptial tax, college tax, but those are reduced by 30% for being disabled thru the VA.

RedKGB #105193 09/19/12 05:50 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You are in 47%, yet you don't think Romeny's comments are out-of-touch?

[Linked Image]
Sini #105208 09/19/12 10:14 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
WSJ - Time for an Intervention

Quote:
What should Mitt Romney do now? He should peer deep into the abyss. He should look straight into the heart of darkness where lies a Republican defeat in a year the Republican presidential candidate almost couldn’t lose.

The central problem revealed by the tape is Romney’s theory of the 2012 election. It is that a high percentage of the electorate receives government checks and therefore won’t vote for him, another high percentage is supplying the tax revenues and will vote for him, and almost half the people don’t pay taxes and presumably won’t vote for him.

The big issue—how we view government, what we want from it, what we need, what it rightly asks of us, what it wrongly demands of us—is a good and big and right and serious subject. It has to be dealt with seriously, at some length. And it is in part a cultural conversation.

It’s time to admit the Romney campaign is an incompetent one. It’s not big, it’s not brave, it’s not thoughtfully tackling great issues. It’s always been too small for the moment. All the activists, party supporters and big donors should be pushing for change.

[Linked Image]
Sini #105209 09/19/12 10:52 AM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Tampa debacle clearly illustrated as much. Articles now popping up pretty frequently on conservative websphere trying to beg/guilt/cajole the liberty wing of the party to come help beat Obama. Its pretty humorous.

Now that Mitt has served to crush the various grassroots elements in the GOP both for this year and 2016 - expect the neocons he thought he had sufficiently pandered to start turning on him, so they can put up another Bush in 2016 and keep the Bush/Obama/Bush cycle of corruption flowing.

You think I am joking? Just watch.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #105212 09/19/12 02:41 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
You are in 47%, yet you don't think Romeny's comments are out-of-touch?

To me, he has insulted people that would not vote for him anyway. Yes, I am part of the 47%, but since I live in Texas, my vote does not matter one way or the other.

Obama has not showen he has done enough, and what he has done, I feel he has gone about it the wrong way.

Romney is an unkown to me on if he will be better then or worse then Obama. But I am willing to give him a chance, and if he does not do the job, then flush him down the toliet and move on to the next guy.

Sini #105270 09/20/12 10:55 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Sleep with the dogs...

Quote:
Tim Pawlenty, a former Republican presidential candidate and a top supporter of Mitt Romney, stepped down from his role in the Romney campaign on Thursday to become a top Washington lobbyist for Wall Street banks.

Mr. Pawlenty will become the head of the Financial Services Roundtable, a U.S. bank lobbying group that represents JP Morgan Chase & Co and Wells Fargo & Co, among other financial companies, the group said on Thursday.

[Linked Image]
Sini #105290 09/20/12 03:02 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Primary difference is Romney hasn't said "i won't work with lobbyists" while Mr. Obama made that a primary stance of his first campaign, then proceeded to fill his white house with them.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Sini #105537 09/25/12 07:30 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
The Stench

Quote:
“I hate to say this, but if Ryan wants to run for national office again, he’ll probably have to wash the stench of Romney off of him,” Craig Robinson, a former political director of the Republican Party of Iowa, told The New York Times on Sunday.

Ouch.

Quote:
Even before the stench article appeared, there was a strong sign that Ryan was freeing himself from the grips of the Romney campaign. It began after his disastrous appearance on Friday before AARP in New Orleans. Ryan delivered his remarks in the style dictated by his Romney handlers: Stand behind the lectern, read the speech as written and don’t stray from the script.

Ryan brought his 78-year-old mother with him and introduced her to the audience, which is usually a sure crowd pleaser.

But when Ryan began talking about repealing “Obamacare” because he said it would harm seniors, one woman in the crowd shouted, “Lie!” Another shouted “Liar!” and the crowd booed Ryan lustily.

Ouch.

[Linked Image]
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard