KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,987,444 Trump card
1,324,088 Picture Thread
473,917 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
RedKGB #103281 08/16/12 07:40 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You insulted my intelligence by insinuating that simply disagreeing with your political views, opinions and value system is something that is not based on reason, and reason alone, but instead is somehow based on irrational emotion, hate. You present your Tea Party is some kind of vulnerable minority that is being prosecuted instead of what it truly is - economics Omish movement, and I am some irrational evil-doer hell-bent on prosecuting it that would see reason and join it if I could only stop acting hysterically.

I really don't mind insult and attacks, but what irks me when I have to wonder "does he think I am stupid to try to pull this off? does he really expect this to work?"

[Linked Image]
Sini #103282 08/16/12 08:12 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
You sir give me more credit then you think. How have I disagreed with your policatal views, or opionions or value system? I have disareed with you on your hate and attack on millions of people that have a different opion then yours. I present the Tea Party as a collation of Americans from different back grounds, from different ages. That belive in a core of being fiscal conservative. I have admitted that there are those within it that go to far in pushing social issues. You on the other hand protray the Tea Party as out to change America by forcing an end to aboration, by takeing away peoples chooses in who they vote for. You have heaped upon them such negativty that is has come across as being nothing less then hate. Your words are what have stated this stance.

I am not here to pull the wool over peoples eyes. I am not here telling people that what they belive is evil and leading to the destruction of the world. What I have preached is tolerance for others peoles views. Asking people to explain themselves. Opening the doors for more conversation.

You see a conspricay agasint you. I see a person that refuses to accept that ability to change. I am more then willing to change, I am not perfect, I belive there are those that know more then me. However I am not navie enough to think everyone has my best intrest at heart. I listen to both sides, I think for myself, and choose to make the best descion on the information I have that I have verifed for myself.

I am trying to understnad why you seem to have so much hate for the GOP, for people that go to Tea Parties. These folks think differently then you, hell they think differently then I do. But I am willing to give people a chance, you seem to want to attack them.

I am trying to understand you.

Sini #103289 08/17/12 06:26 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini #103361 08/19/12 07:51 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini #103397 08/20/12 10:49 AM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Sini #103400 08/20/12 12:55 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Meh.

Everyone has an opinion on politics, much like religion. Truth is, the opinions don't amount to much until you're running for office. Then they tend to come back to haunt you. :|

You all should quit worrying about politics. The politicians certainly don't care what we all think. If you think otherwise, you're deluded. ( Or you should run for office )

Usually the passage I think of when folks start taking politics, religion, ( or anything for that matter ) too damn seriously is this one by Carl Sagan:

We succeeded in taking that picture [from deep space], and, if you look at it, you see a dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever lived, lived out their lives. The aggregate of all our joys and sufferings, thousands of confident religions, ideologies and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lived there on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.

The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of the dot on scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner of the dot. How frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds. Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the universe, are challenged by this point of pale light.

Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity -- in all this vastness -- there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. It is up to us. It's been said that astronomy is a humbling, and I might add, a character-building experience. To my mind, there is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly and compassionately with one another and to preserve and cherish that pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known.

Sini #103401 08/20/12 12:55 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

@Sinij
Ah yes the great abortion topic. Few things get people to abandon their senses, ignore real issues that make an immediate material difference in real life and go into state of political tunnel vision like talking about abortion.

As long as people are talking about wedge issues, they arent talking about things that might actually put the powers that be in a tight spot.

--
@ Daye

Sagan was an interesting fellow. I still remember reading Cosmos that I got out of the school library in 4th grade. Its quite safe to say that... not his conclusions.. but his mindset and style of analysis had a great impact on me that I still carry around to this day.

Last edited by Derid; 08/20/12 01:04 PM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini #103407 08/20/12 01:49 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Ty Dave.

Sini #103475 08/21/12 12:29 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
GOP in Compromise on Mortgage-Interest Deduction

Quote:
Allies of the real-estate industry on Tuesday succeeded in adding compromise language to the GOP platform supporting the mortgage-interest tax deduction, a day after they lost a fight on the issue.

The overnight turnaround on the issue reflects the real-estate industry’s continued lobbying clout – and the mortgage deduction’s ongoing curb appeal for voters – as Congress begins the process of streamlining the U.S. tax code.

That much for trying to be fiscally-conservative small-government.

[Linked Image]
Sini #103489 08/21/12 06:06 PM
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yet another election about rolling back society to 50th. Let economy burn, debt spiral but GOP WILL NOT LET ABORTION STAND!

Why Todd Akin Isn't Dropping Out—and What It Means

[Linked Image]
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard