KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101516 06/29/12 04:58 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Not one post about Obamacare..... I am dissapoint ;(

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #101517 06/29/12 06:34 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Well the way I read it was the mandate was uncon, but as a tax it is legal. Now the gov can tax us for not buying a car every year, or not buying baseball tickets, or not buying a house or anything for that matter. This opens the door wide that they can tax us for anything not being bought, bad bad bad. To me it is a massive over step, upheld by the scotus.

RedKGB #101518 06/29/12 07:03 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's nothing but a huge tax, exactly what the liberal/progressive fuck sticks want. Instead of wanting to tax every fucking little thing, they should re-form the tax code to make it fair, since all they scream about is tax fairness.

According to the Supreme court our Government can tax us for anything. Even the leftist nut huggers shouldn't go for this bullshit!

Derid #101530 06/29/12 10:07 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Funny you say that. The same republicans that are bitching about it now mandated it originally. Youtube it.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Derid #101532 06/30/12 04:59 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It was stupid then as it is now. A bad idea will never go away.

JetStar #101535 06/30/12 06:52 AM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Funny you say that. The same republicans that are bitching about it now mandated it originally. Youtube it.
'

Yes, the irony is huge... Plus, when Romney was gov. of Mas. he passed a almost identical law. Oh, but first thing he will do as pres. is scrap it. Republicans, don't you love them. :D

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Yes, the irony is huge... Plus, when Romney was gov. of Mas. he passed a almost identical law. Oh, but first thing he will do as pres. is scrap it. Republicans, don't you love them. :D

I am not in any way defending Governor Romney's actions in Mass. but, what you and almost everyone else I've heard make this argument failes to realize is, state law and federal law are two completely different things. It is in fact within the power of the state to legislate things like healthcare if the people so desire. It is NOT (constitutionally) within the federal government's power to do the same. There is are many reasons we have a constitution but one of the main ones is to reserve such powers for the states and keep it out of the hands of the federal government.

Now. Since that line has not just been stepped over, but rather lept across with gusto, there is at this point nothing, from a precedent standpoint, to stop the federal government from doing whatever the hell they want. To men, that is not a very encouraging prospect.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Having a State with a similar healthcare is different than a FEDERALLY mandated one. Romney's plan isn't a very good one either, I don't know why you all think just because it was thought up by a republican that it was a good idea. I would suggest the Democraps think of their own healthcare, then maybe they will get somewhere... on second thought never mind they can't.

If you wan't to start reforming healthcare first we need to start with a new FAIR tax code. Then put a cap on frivolous lawsuits, cut some of the red tape within healthcare, also allow us to buy healthcare Insurance across state lines. Competition would drop the cost of health Insurance. Oh and all the illegals getting free healthcare is a problem as well. Someone has to pay for that shit and those people are called tax payers.

There's a reason the debt will be at $22 Trillion in 2022 according the Congressional Budget Office. If we don't get this fucking debt under control there's going to be many many generations stuck with trying to pay for it. What part of us having to borrow money to pay for our shit do the fucking leftist not get? Try it... go nuts and spend money, keep spending then go to the bank and borrow more... but remember keep spending then in a few years come back and lets see how you do! It's the same goddamn concept... QUIT SPENDING!

Last edited by Wolfgang; 06/30/12 08:26 AM.
Derid #101630 07/04/12 12:47 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
What cracks me up here is this:

SCOTUS is cool with the mandate as long as it's considered a TAX. In other words, TAX = LEGAL. Non-Tax = Exceed Congressional Authority.

The White House, in an effort to keep voters dumb and happy in an election year, is doing everything it can to claim otherwise.
" It's not a TAX, it's a PENALTY. "

So my question is, if SCOTUS has declared this is only legal IFF it's a TAX, why would the WH shoot itself in the foot by claiming otherwise ?
Do they not realize their own words will be used against them when this gets revisited years from now ?

SCOTUS: We declared this legal as long as it's considered a tax.
WH: Um . . . but it isn't a tax. . .
SCOTUS: Thus the mandate is illegal.
WH: But if we call it a tax, it hurts us in the elections.
SCOTUS: Your problem. Own up to what it is, accept the consequences and proceed. Or find another way.

Here is where we find out if the folks pushing this crap have any spine at all. It will also show you if they are truly trying to make things
better for " the people " as they love to claim, or just trying to ensure they get re-elected.

The former admits it's a tax and the consequences that go along with it. The people will decide if that's the path we want to travel down to
make this work. The latter is your typical elected idiot these days, they do whatever it takes to ensure they get to stay in office.

Sometimes I really hate our government bureaucracy. . . lol

If I EVER come into any substantial amount of money, I'm moving to a remote island and disconnecting from the species entirely.

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard