KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
i like cake

Last edited by morlander; 04/26/12 05:57 PM.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
You're sassin the wrong guy. We have been having this discussion for months and I did my best to consolidate everyone on 1 server but the argument of using the longest standing and most high traffic of the ones we posses is the most solid argument of all of them.

Like has been said by many on this topic. "If it ain't broke...don't fix it."

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Let me address all of your concerns as to why there are multiple vents.

1) The Jonus Vent is not KGB owned, but owned by a member who is kind enough to share with his friends. Because of this, we are unable to use it for Alliance faction teaming or other situations that would take it over 100 members.

2) Because the Jonus vent is not KGB owned, We are unable to secure it when needed when playing games that require it. Non-KGB members have administration abilities.

3) Certain members are not welcome in Jonus vent, and rightfully so as it is not KGB owned.

4) KGB has to be in control of it's critical assets, and the Jonus vent is more of a tight group of friends than it is KGB vent. Many of the regulars are not members, and many members over there dont take part in the KGB Oracle or other official KGB factions. It would be unfair to ask Jonus to limit access, change the security model, or make any changes when it belongs to him.

4) JetStar Hate. For many complex reasons, there are lots of folks in Jonus vent that don't like me personally, and despite extending the olive branch several times, continue to not want to be in my presence.

I opened our vent to anyone that wanted to come last year with the following post:

Originally Posted By: JetStar in 06/11
As a first step to getting people able to use a single vent server (Not mandated, but available), I wanted to grant Administrator access to all KGB Senators. If you dont have an account, talk to someone that does or send me a PM. Here are the guidelines we discussed:

1) You can add anyone you feel comfortable with. KGB Citizenship is not required.
2) You take personal responsibility for those you add to the vent server (This is tracked via the creator of the member).
3) You may NOT remove anyone that you did not add without approval from the person you added, or from a Federal Officer.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Currently the DFO alliance is using our Mumble server (Murmur) and we have more than 60 on nightly. Our official KGB vent is mostly idle.

My only rule is that official KGB factions and states use KGB owned resources. Unofficial factions are welcome to do whatever they want.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I asked for the dead horse to stop being beaten but noone could let it lie. I have fought to try and move everyone to one vent but noone wants to use the new vent because it is new and has already had to have an address change.

To answer Jets points.

1: to have more seats on Jonus vent is 1 click of a button. we used it for DF sieges back in the day.

2:setting the permissions is just the same as any other vent. I am looking and there is not a single person with admin powers that is not a KGB member in good standing.

the admin list is as such:
Derid,Donk,Elph,Hare,Tasho,Jetbot,Jonus(owner),Ltima,Morlander,Slinger,Syev,Tasorin,Valaria,[KGBHK]JetStar,[KGBPM]Romeo

That is the ocmplete admins list so unless I'm mistaken somewhere all of those are as I said KGB in good standing and the lot are exemplary as far as I am concerned.

3: Never have I seen any member not be "allowed" on the vent.
As of this very second there are 21 people on the vent 8 afk and the rest in active channels. of these there are 3 NON KGB
(hydr, khi,klep)

the KGB members either active or botting in the vent at this moment are

AFK(romes,derid,hydr,shanks,helemoto,rep,ryu,whoflungpoo,willan)
Active (ken,khi,sling,banshee,darka,ictinike,kegir,magusto,donk,syev,jonus,klep)

4A: jonus vent has been THE KGB vent since shadowbane days and the only reason we werent in it as a guild in DF was because we kept going to "allied" vents

4B: I can't comment on this one except that I have no idea what it's still on about. You came and hung out for the month we played PS1 and never had any problems that I know of.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but seriously this debate has went on over a year and look. the original kgb vent(jonus vent) is alive and kicking and has been for many years as it is where all the traffic goes not just from kgb but from friends we have made in other games over the years.

all the people coming to our GW2 server that want to get in touch with us in vent go there and we are going to be rockin this weekend hardcore with mass pro squad world pvp and we are going to dominate like we always have.

I really don't understand all the red tape bureaucracy stuff that makes simple decisions overly difficult.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Habit dies hard. There are no non-KGB admins. Its good to have a secure and a non-secure voice chat. Mumble is cool, we should use it more in the future. Noone who is not a troll is banned. I have never seen a major issue myself with the status quo, I consider it much ado over not much.

Thats my midnight ramble on the subject.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
KGB (F5) High Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB Paladin
KGB Oracle Administrator
I know this is ridiculous. The original vent server has always been a place of commune and friendship. It began 7 years ago as a gift of loyalty, dedication, generosity and respect to our guild. It built popularity because it's the FIRST vent server of KGB's. That makes it the true vent server. I stand by the true vent server mainly for all the reasons people want to go there for. It is the best and will continue to be the best.

I've also seen over the years these useless attempts to change something that already works! This crap floats back to the surfaces as fast as it sinks. It comes down to the membership which is "the guild" WE choose what works best to make our guild successful. WE chose what to do years ago.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
the server monitor on the front page was what confused me in the first place and made me post
kinda sorry i did so now
we link server status of vent on the front page and its always empty cuz jonus is the actual vent .
thats pretty misleading
link the server status of both vents?

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Vuldan

So much right with this post...bottom line, all the asshats who do not like Jet and used the other vent should have been kicked so long ago its a crime. And shut that vent down. I do not care, your either KGB or your not and if you are, get in the right KGB vent, the ONLY one, whatever service is being used, and be a part of KGB. No one says you have to like everyone, but you should not get special treatment. We have been far to lenient on people over the years, OMG they might quit..and if they do so and so willl quit too..good, bye, GTFO. Sorry, but I am on limited KGB time these days, but I do not sit in some other vent cause I dont like this person or that person. Comes down to it, I will put my own bias aside and roll with KGB, cause its about KGB, not me, and not them.

By this standard then you should have never been let back into KGB after you did the clan dirty in Shadowbane.

The only person on the Jonus Vent that has had any real beef with Jet is Khi. So keep your sweeping statements in check. Fact is the majority of KGB who are active on a nightly basis and play games together are on the Jonus Vent.

It feels good being back to my full troll self.

Game on!

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I asked for the dead horse to stop being beaten but noone could let it lie. I have fought to try and move everyone to one vent but noone wants to use the new vent because it is new and has already had to have an address change.

To answer Jets points.

1: to have more seats on Jonus vent is 1 click of a button. we used it for DF sieges back in the day.

2:setting the permissions is just the same as any other vent. I am looking and there is not a single person with admin powers that is not a KGB member in good standing.

the admin list is as such:
Derid,Donk,Elph,Hare,Tasho,Jetbot,Jonus(owner),Ltima,Morlander,Slinger,Syev,Tasorin,Valaria,[KGBHK]JetStar,[KGBPM]Romeo

That is the ocmplete admins list so unless I'm mistaken somewhere all of those are as I said KGB in good standing and the lot are exemplary as far as I am concerned.

3: Never have I seen any member not be "allowed" on the vent.
As of this very second there are 21 people on the vent 8 afk and the rest in active channels. of these there are 3 NON KGB
(hydr, khi,klep)

the KGB members either active or botting in the vent at this moment are

AFK(romes,derid,hydr,shanks,helemoto,rep,ryu,whoflungpoo,willan)
Active (ken,khi,sling,banshee,darka,ictinike,kegir,magusto,donk,syev,jonus,klep)

4A: jonus vent has been THE KGB vent since shadowbane days and the only reason we werent in it as a guild in DF was because we kept going to "allied" vents

4B: I can't comment on this one except that I have no idea what it's still on about. You came and hung out for the month we played PS1 and never had any problems that I know of.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but seriously this debate has went on over a year and look. the original kgb vent(jonus vent) is alive and kicking and has been for many years as it is where all the traffic goes not just from kgb but from friends we have made in other games over the years.

all the people coming to our GW2 server that want to get in touch with us in vent go there and we are going to be rockin this weekend hardcore with mass pro squad world pvp and we are going to dominate like we always have.

I really don't understand all the red tape bureaucracy stuff that makes simple decisions overly difficult.

It sounds like you have addressed my concerns.

I can simply shut down the vent I pay for and point the webpage to the Jonus vent.

I don't see Jonus on the Oracle much anymore, but if one of you would confirm all this with him, and PM me with his response, I have no problem with it based on your response above.

I will continue to run the Mumble server on the Oracle's KGB owned host.

I will execute as soon as one of you can PM me with Jonus's confirmation.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Oh one last thing. I need a member to confirm the Jonus Vent info listed internally here:

http://oracle.the-kgb.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=70818#Post70818

Star Citizen Hanger:
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard