I was reading this article on Dennis Rodman and how he's broke. There's a guy that works for the company I do as a painter. He looked very familiar to me, some people have said he was a former college basketball player. I never indulged any further about it.

So I have been training a guy and we were talking about Pro Athletes that had it all but blew it. We were talking about this painter that works with us. This painters name is Richard Dumas, you may best know him from the Phoenix Suns. IN 1993 he helped take the team the the NBA finals against the Bulls. Dumas was dubbed the next great player if he could keep his life straight. Here's a highlight video of him from the NBA 1993 finals. He had a big problem with drugs mostly cocaine. Now he's a painter and has nothing to show for his promising career that he once had in the NBA.

He will not talk with anyone when they bring up basketball. Don't say I can blame him, if I had blown a chance like that I wouldn't want to relive it either. It's amazing to me that someone had a golden ticket, he played with the best of the best in the 1993 NBA finals and did very well in his rookie season. But he blew it, I would KILL to have an ability such as he had. It's a shame it went to waste!

Start around the 2:30 minute mark.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/27/12 06:33 PM.