Yes Crim. I travel extensively for work, and have had service with all 3 of the majors, AT&T, Verizon and Sprint. Verizon's service and coverage by far outstrips both of the others, with Sprint coming in a nice second and AT&T a very distant third.

Having said that, this of course is based on a few things and assumptions; a) If you are located around a major city, which I know you are, then the comparison becomes much closer and b) If you need service outside the United States, or in low density populous areas.

I travel to a variety of locations from Puerto Rico to Hawaii and from Alaska to Florida. In many cases, AT&T does not even provide service, and Sprint is roaming. Verizon is active everywhere I go, whether it be Ponce Puerto Rico or Dillon Montana. That alone is enough for me, however, when compared with drop call rates, enhanced 3g features and the like, Verizon still comes out on top, even though I would much prefer to have an iPhone or Palm Pre, neither of which is legally available with Verizon. It does appear the new DROID just may be the smart device I have been looking for.

Last edited by Vuldan; 11/23/09 11:06 AM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]