REP, I see where your coming from when it comes to getting groups together. But that's the way it is sometimes. I know when we go out we want to get as much loot as we can before we recall. To have 6K gold on your person is a very big risk, personally I get nervous just having 1k gold on me if I'm in a group. But that's your preference and decision to hold that much.

I myself was ganked on the Island ceniya directly south of TIQ and it's just a 3 minute swim if that. Two of us were ganked and nobody came out to kill them. So myself and the other guy from COTP that got ganked went back out to find them and nobody came. I'm not mad about it because at the time there were a lot of people AFK... but I would have expected people from the alliance to come out. But that's a part of the game things like this are going to happen. Sorry you lost so much gold, if your going to solo maybe limit 2K gold then recall. It takes more time but in the end your more likely to keep more of your loot if you are ganked doing it that way.