Quote:

It was when PVP turned away from the red vs blue scenario and (at least on FFA and PVP servers for most games, and SB all around) the repercussions of being an RPK were thrown out the window that PVP began to approach a system similar to real-world conflict. There are no longer heroes and villains, only those who are honorable and those who are dishonorable, and the latter tends to outnumber the former. I think we're best off being loyal to ourselves and what we've promised our members (ie. a stomping ground, support, and protection) than to rely upon a difficult to follow (at best) set of guidelines for when to kill and when to allow our enemies the first strike, all the while keeping away from the role of 'griefer'. I suppose it will be easier to disect once we're actually in the game, but with a full loot system like old school UO it isn't such an issue to kill someone and then leave their loot for them to come back for, unless they're a sworn enemy who we're actually trying to hinder.

As with all things I suppose it boils down to being conditional, with each situation being individually graded on threat level, which is completely understandable. These days one can't be too careless. Even so, man it would be quite a sight to see the KGB of old saving the people as I remember them doing in UO Siege Perilous. That's what always made you guys awesome in my book and the theme I will always see when I envision this guild

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]