I hated DAOC. Realm warfare was too linear, the gameplay was subpar IMO, and they totally raped the name of Camelot, King Arthur, etc. Really pissed me off, just like LOTRO is currently doing. Leveling in Daoc was a pain in the ass after 18, unless of course, you did what everyone else did - buy another account and use a buff bot. How lame is that...
On the other hand AOC is staying TRUE to the World of Conan by keeping it a Mature rating and including all the grim warrior themes of the books written by Robert E. Howard back in the 1930s.

I'm in beta of Chronicles of Spellborn. Think WOW graphics but better. Lots of bugs where if you click on some choices, you CTD. I LOVE the fact that you pick your look, abilities, and weapon types/armor from the getgo and your attacks are based on abilities, NOT weapon stats. That makes that game the least itemcentric out of any game I played, and believe it or not - it works. Instead you're relying on the skill of knowing when to use what ability.

Problem with DFO is that I don't think they have a big enough design team to fully realize the scope of their vision. In that regard it wouldn't surprise me if AOC does end up having more all around content and choices in the long run. However, if DFO can live up to the dreams of its designers, it will be the end all be all of a class-less MMO.