DISCLAIMER:
Please note that the information included in this message reflect the practical experience, personal views and opinions of the High King. These views and opinions expressed herein do not state or reflect those of the The Knights of Glory and Beer (KGB) Government or any official agency or office thereof.

I have to chime in here. I certainly don't want to offend anyone, but here is my take on it.

You should be able to practise any religion you want in our great country, BUT don't force it on me. There is a reason our constitution provides a separation of Church and State.

I consider myself an agnostic. I believe in a higher power, but do not feel it is defined. Its hard for me to watch the radical Christian right in our country today. In my many years spent as a Christian (in my younger days) I believed that it was about loving each other and forgiveness. Leave judgement to God and not to people like Pat Robertson.

The radical Christian right's views and actions were one of the things that ultimately pushed me away from the faith. If one looks into history, you will see that more people have been slaughtered in the name of religion than any other unnatural reason. I think you have to draw the line where people start taking the role as God. This means I have no right to judge your faith unless it hurts people. God, love, and faith are the exact opposite of hurting or persecuting someone. If everyone followed these ideals, just imagine what our world would be like today.

I used the radical Christian right as my example here, as it is my personal experience with that organization (I managed the conversion of a major chain of Christian churches from manual accounting to computerized accounting early in my career and the reality of what I saw was ultimately the reason that drove me from the faith). I think we have to apply this to all religions, as Radical Islam is a terrible example of what faith can become. Any God that allows you to slaughter others and blow up churches and mosques is not anyone or anything I respect or worship.

Today, I try to be a positive force in the universe. This is in line with what I consider to be "Good". I try to share my experience and good fortune with others and take part in donation and charity. If someone asks me, I share my faith with others.

Once again, if everyone did this, just imagine what the world would be.

As for the original post from Chez, it looks like someone got ahold of it in the forward chain. The tone changes from the beginning where it is very general to some pretty hard core Christian views, even quoting Billy Graham. Mr. Stein considers himself a Jew, but is advocating the Christian agenda.

My response is based on second half of the original post. I can agree with the first part.

(I am not signing this with my KGB signature as it is not an official statement)