Originally Posted by Owain
BDO still has a great deal to offer for gamers, but probably not for attention deficit power gamers. As one of our members demonstrated with the new Striker class, it is indeed possible to take a toon to level 50 in one day, but in so doing you know nothing of the game.

True - and well put. There really IS a lot of other things going on inside of BDO that the pure "grinder" doesn't see or get (often until it is too late). If your point is to be top-level/top-geared ASAP there is a lot you will be missing and lacking to make that possible. There really is a LOT of logistics that you don't see until you look under the covers of BDO. Personally, that is what keeps me playing BDO; well that and supporting our KGB members in-game of course!

beer

Originally Posted by Owain

Since this isn't a major KGB game, and there aren't big guild v guild operations at present, BDO is a good game if you are just looking for a game to play. There are folks in game (me, for example) if you have questions or need a hand, or you can play it solo if you want a Skyrim experience. Being a KGB BDO member, though, does give you buffs that are handy.

There are tons of things to do in bdo if you take the time to to them instead of just power leveling.

True - without numbers we don't have any GvG operations going on, but there is still plenty of PvP and gankers/etc that need reminding that KGB doesn't put up with that shit. Outside of that - there really is plenty of things to do in-game that don't have anything to do with "leveling" or "grinding" and it really is a beautiful and fun game to play. Personally, I enjoy playing BDO with our KGB members and working together as a group to improve our characters and go places as a group more risky than you can solo.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers