Originally Posted By: Owain
Is there any indication when release might occur?

New ships are fine, but I think it's time to concentrate more on a releasable product.

Well - this (and others) are not "new ships" they have been part of the game since inception; they are being revealed as they are being designed/developed on the way to a "releasable product".

Star Citizen is in Alpha now - that is its "release" status. Supporters can play NOW and the experience of that environment will be expanding over the next year (just as it has expanded from initial hangar and arena only to add the mini-PU that is currently in Alpha). The roadmap that Instrument posted (thanks by the way) was taken from the slide show of the presentation showing what should be released every 2-3 months in upcoming updates to the Alpha. We should be seeing MORE and MORE combined arms and group interaction activities (mining/fighting/etc) with the upcoming builds.

I know we all want it to be DONE and everything we want in-game; but it will take some time for that to happen. From what I have seen, it looks/sounds like Squadron 42 (first episode) will likely hit us in 2017. Patience grasshopper!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers