I'll never forget the good old Ultima Online days on Pacific and Siege Perilous, especially when I joined KGB I felt like I was becoming part of something bigger than me. I was originally a player on the 'evil' side. However something attracted me to the Knights of Glory and Beer (maybe it was my love of beer) and it forever changed my experience of gaming in a MMO environment.

I started out at the rank of mercenary, because of my bad reputation of being a PK (Player Killer - someone who targets innocents for profit/sport), moved up through the ranks slowly and after proving my worth finally ended up being given the chance to lead the Shadowbane Faction of KGB. We ended up becoming the most dominant guild on our server, which was a great accomplishment in those days of guild eliteism, where less skilled players were looked down upon. We managed to establish ourselves as a server superpower despite our commitment to not give in to skill-level eliteism. It created a fun and diverse environment of gameplay that included players of all ages.

I want to tell you guys this story because I want every KGB recruit to know that he or she can accomplish anything they want, in this virtual environment as well as in their lives. All you have to do is go for it. Observe, understand and improve. Believe in yourself and you can accomplish whatever you want.