Nah not pirates, we'll definitely end up being pirate-hunters, since we usually protect the inocent from PKers when games' rules allow that sort of situation to happen.

On the other hand, I'd love to be a privateer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privateer) pretty much get permission directly from Jet during war-time to command a crew with the single purpose of hunting down and pillaging the enemies' ships.

I found a pretty nice map (http://bkbhq.com/darkfall/map/map.html), if you click on the red dots (capital cities) a window pops up describing the city. The title (bold, top of the window) says what race's city it is. You can also click on the 4 islands aroound Agon.

Cities:
Sanguine: Human
Shoal: Alfar (Dark Elf)
Charybdis: Mirdain (Elf)
Red Moon: Mahirim (Wolves)
Ymir's Tear: Dwarves
Flaming Skull: Orks (typo?)

Islands:
Niflheim: Snowy
Yssam: Jungle
Cairn: Arid
Rubaiyat: Desert

I'd say to have a territory in Mirendil or Mercia (Elven and Human lands respectively) since they look like they'll be grasslands (Mercia more so, Mirendil has the same look as Yssam which is jungle) so it'd be easiest to design a town (can you imagine building in the few spots allowed by a dense forest?) and easiest on the eyes (you want to stare at shining white sands and hear howling winds all day while at home? I personally don't.)

Problem is I can't really find nice-looking rivers ... anywhere really. Mirendil's delta is HUGE, but it does have a thin river that pierces into what seems to be jungle (not sure if it'd be wise to build there.

Mercia has a peninsula connected to land by a small isthmus right below its border with the orc lands. The isthmus would be ideal for protecting against land attacks, but the peninsula is so in the middle of the ocean that we'd probably be very vulnerable.

Mercia also seems to have a nice river possibly leading into a small mountain range (near Aincourt) but do you guys want to build close to an NPC city? ... Who knows just how close it is though.

I'll post an image of all of this stuff in a sec.


BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]