In the US:

Nintendo and Sony both expected a shipment of 400,000 systems each for sale at their respective release dates. While Nintendo was in the ballpark (350-450k expected) Sony was way out of their league shipping an estimated ~150k. On top of this, Nintendo expects to ship an additional 200k Wii systems every week until the end of 2006.

As for performance, the Wii is hot!! FYE hasn't received any systems yet, so I can't pick up my pre-ordered system yet, but I did buy an extra controller already to play with my friends, I couldn't resist after playing the system. We spend so much time doing...physical...stuff...now. Tennis on Wii Sports is amazing; I can't wait for something like Virtua Tennis to release for the Wii. Oh, not to mention that my Mii (my personalized Wii avatar, you might even call it a doll) can save right on my WiiMote, it's pretty sweet.

Oh, I forgot to mention about the PS3... My friends and I were looking for a display set up for it because none of us bothered to pick one up. We went down to Best Buy and their display had crashed, so we drove down the road to EB Games. We had a chance to play there, but didn't stick around for long. We played the game that was already loaded, then switched to some motocross demo that froze up for a moment while it was loading and turned out disappointingly pixelated after it had loaded, not something I'm looking for on an HDTV (as if I could afford one like they had set up for the display, lol).

In the end I can't break free from my roots, they do their job well. Nintendo for life.

[Linked Image from zandadev.com]