Originally Posted By: sini
I am surprised I have to explain this.

Your specific situation has very minute influence on such large-group averages calculated over whole US population.

What these numbers mean, is that average have-not is now poorer, and average haves is richer. This includes all have-nots that got richer and haves that got poorer despite the trend.

1 in 5000 sample is minute. You say those that were poor stayed poor. I gave you one example out of 5000 that disproved that.

We can go ahead and say this is true. What could be some reasons why the poor stay poor. Other then me as I didn't stay poor.

How about the progressive stance of giving people more reasons to not work their way out of poverty.
If you keep giving more and more money to people and increase the amount of people that will get free money, more and more people will get lazy and stay poor. \
Trust me I grew up with welfare people, they new all the tricks to keep on welfare and how to increase it.

This is a concept that progressives know well, they wish to keep a large portion of people on welfare.

Progressives make me sick, they wish to keep people poor instead of really helping them.
Makes for good election ads.