I probably have different concerns than Darka. My concerns are pretty basic to the game and that is the afk macro to win scenario.

With competition to get stats and skills up afk macroing is considered essential by some to compete. This is what ruined DFO for me personally. The depth of the game is important to it's longevity. Getting full stats and skills seems to be required for power gaming but I think is self defeating for game play.

We become used to logging in and going afk we are not playing the game. This is how many characters will start DFUW by getting our G mice and keyboards auto clicking for us. To me it's just not playing it's cheating the depth of the system and it leads to premature game decline. This is why games don't have the staying power they did early on. We all want to be max level and play the end game.

Early games for me were about playing and leveling each level of my character. Maybe I am just getting old, which I am, but we seem to be missing the journey here worrying about if someone else macrod their way to full stats and skills and we are at a disadvantage if we don't do the same.

I am for taking the path less traveled. I won't be macroing DFUW and at some point my character will be gimped that's just the way it will be. If the game fails to provide me with a satisfying play experience while I actively play it, then I will move on as I did in DFO.

I am not bagging on the game and not judging anyone for macroing, I know everyone will be doing it and render no judgement on anyone else it's just not how I intend to play. I can continue to contribute as I have been in beta, but perhaps at some point my character will be gimp compared to everyone else's macrod character, so be it.

Let's all enjoy DFUW for what it gives us individually and collectively.

Last edited by Hare; 01/22/13 09:28 PM.