Originally Posted By: Brutal
I believe firmly that the founding father's hearts were in the right place when they wrote the document, I also think that it's foolish to believe that they could have drafted such a masterpiece that it would serve us perfectly throughout the ages regardless of the changes in political climate, technology, or social issues.
I don't think these changes make as large an impact as people seem to think. What the founders seem to have understood goes beyond social issues and technology. They seemed to have a fundamental understanding of what drives men to do the things we do. They never claimed it was perfect. It was a work of compromise with the ability to change it built in. The problems we face are not the product of an outdated document. They are exactly the problems the founders predicted would arise when the populace refused to stay educated and informed, and agreed to be lead around like sheep.


[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]