Starter Suggestions:

Finish the initial tutorial then drop all the stuff you got in the bank, Clan bank if its in beta and personal bank persistence is still a problem. You will be in a starter city doing Feats/Quests/Tasks whatever you want to call them, keep doing them until you get to "summon mount" this means there is a mount put in your bank (if you spawn it do it close to you and far from anyone else it can be STOLEN by anyone once spawned).

Find the armor/weapon/combat merchant and locate both the armor and weapons "racks" which are really large chests near the vendor. Click on these every 15 minutes or so while in a city or when returning to cities you will be rewarded with 1-4 items including the highest lvl items in DFUW R8 weapons and armor. The loots are random so you may or may not be able to use the items bank them for now but make sure you hit these often, Darka thinks they are 15 minute cycles and I think you can hit them whenever you log in as well if less than that.

The tutorial feats will walk you through the basics of the towns and mob locations and end with skinning, the mount and instruction for you to leave the safe area.

You should have put the portal shard in the bank when you got to the starter city so you can use it to get summoned to wherever KGB is congregating or use the mount you were given. This will allow us all to start whatever race we want and still join KGB quickly.

I suggest you hit the local nodes and get some stats/items/crafting mats while you do a few cycles of the chests. with all of my characters I wait until I get a primary weapon I plan to use and I put back a few steed grass while building up stats.

At start up - some KGB will be searching for Chaos Chests, random chests that spawn all over the map, for gold to create the guild. After this last wipe in Beta I spent half a day in town harvesting and hitting the chests in town, then a few of us started looking for chests to get the clan started. Later that night I went out and got lucky and found a Chest with 10,000 gold in it.

Until the next wipe - we are using the clan bank and have bags named for everyone, clan tools and other resources available to everyone to get started.

Skill ups are important and most things you do in game will improve your stats.

Prowess points are new and are linked to Clan Dominion points (I think its 8:1) which are clan points we need to claim hamlets or cities down the road. Everyone should be doing gathering/crafting/fighting whatever is your preference to gain points. One thing we could look at is a script of what we should be doing in order at launch to maximize our prowess and dominion points if we want a hamlet or w/e. Also let me say while everything gets you prowess gathering/crafting has an edge. I can say for a fact that when I was gathering/crafting my gains were very fast and when I went to killing they slowed down. Even in the starter dungeon with 30 mobs dead at my feet my pace was slower than others gathering/crafting.

Mor will be working on his final plans for release these are just my notes from Beta so far.

Most things are still based off of the dfo basics but there have been some nice changes. The combat may or may not be better once desync clears up we can decide. Lots of things seem new and were significantly simplified from dfo for DFUW.

Come enjoy beta and get ready for launch.