Sinij - the Evil/Stupid are references to an old saw. I do not take him to mean literally Evil. As far as compromise - I think compromise is fine... when talking about what to cut. If we cut spending doewn to 2T/yr we would still have a govt plenty large enough to run a huge military and provide basic social safety nets... and the tax issue would not be an issue.


Turkey I agree 100% about corporate rates. What gets me about all the income tax-hike talk is the fact that the truly wealthy, including all the Dem plutocrat buddies (and GOP plutocrat buddies) dont pay most of their taxes in terms of regular income. They are like Mitt Romney - they pay Capital Gains rates for pass through interest. If you are talking income tax, you are still typically talking about people who are actually working.

While I agree with most of what you said, I do disagree in regards to the GOP standing for something. The GOP stands for whatever the GOP stands for on that particular day. The party actions have been at total odds with the stated party principles since the early days of the W Bush Presidency.

Its been proven as much as it really can be proven, that losing true conservative and libertarian votes is what cost Romney. Which is no surprise since Romney was the same as Obama, who is the same as Bush.


For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)