Originally Posted By: rhaikh
Yes. I love APB and UT2k4. I kind of liked Gears of War 1 and Halo 1 but I fell off the train at that point and I haven't played the COD, MW genre of fps really.

I was really expecting something paced like UT2k4 onslaught and it's not like that at all. The other thing is that the cover based shooting in this game doesnt really exist. If this game had Deus Ex 3 cover mechanics I might actually like it. But no, you peek your head entire body around a corner and die.

On TOP of all this the performance on my comp is pretty laggy and bad. It is an old comp but like I said, the graphics themselves don't seem to justify the bad performance

Yeah, I get ya I really do.. It's a specific, well "thing", and even from PS1 you either loved or hated it; not many were half-half on it.

I think the lagging, which I've not tested and may this evening, was due to them putting some debug trace on the servers and clients during beta to flesh out some issues/bugs/performance issues. Unfortunately in this type of coding (I don't do it specifically game coding but coding for manufacturing) sometimes to find a problem you have to cause a problem and I'm sure they are performance testing/tuning as it goes so while the graphics don't justify what lag/issues you were having it's most likely them doing this again. They've done it early in the beta and then stopped for a month (or two) where gameplay was virtual lagless for hours and hours and many on the ground, in the air and in vehicles.

One things you may try is some tweaks that Drakiis/Tas clued me up to early on. There are some settings that were magic back in those days and I had massive issues like you. Once I did some of those tweaks (which I'm not sure if would work again) it ran better but until they quit doing their massive trace/debug tacking it was at times unplayable for most. Prior to the character wipe I was running 60+ fps on high settings and it was fluid as all get out. I'm not sure if that would enhance your experience but I will say it wasn't much fun back in those days and maybe it could get better once it's running the way it was then?

Anyways, I won't bore you more Taco but maybe if you wanna get on vent sometime and I'm around we could run together because lone wolf in this game sucks; sucks hard. Team play is what it's designed for and if you get in a squad with voice ops and a good "gonna do this" mentality it is much, more, fun..

Cheers!