KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 58 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Mmorning
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,261 Trump card
1,346,701 Picture Thread
482,424 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Once again you show your stupidity.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

In this case I dont think Sinij is being stupid, he has a valid point that as far as science goes there is no alternate theories to evolution regarding human development. The forces injecting creationism into science classes are entirely cultural.

If we want to talk about creationism, intelligent design, how it might have happened, or all sorts of related things - it should be done in either sociology or philosophy classes.

But it should not be taught as science, and I do think that treating cultural opinion the same as we treat science is a very very bad precedent. A precedent that was set throughout the Middle Ages in fact.

As an aside, I have said for years that philosophy education should be taught from an early age. I also think there can be some logic to some of the intelligent design theories, and have no problem with those ideas being taught and debated in school... along with Hume, Kant, Plato, Hegel, Rand, Mises, Descartes & etc.

It just needs to be compartmentalized and treated for what it is. And what it is, is not science, its either philosophy or culture, sometimes a bit of both.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
No he is showing his stupidity because he is not educated on how at least the Roman Catholic Church views any thing in the modern era.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
No he is showing his stupidity because he is not educated on how at least the Roman Catholic Church views any thing in the modern era.

You know what else I am not educated on? Exact number of virgins you get if you blow yourself up in the name of Allah. Why should I care what a bunch of ignorant cargo cultists believe in? I do care that you are trying to turn back clock to middle ages and push cargo cult science and magical thinking into mainstream.

Last edited by sinij; 04/14/12 06:06 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If you are going to make an argument at least know what the other side is saying or you look stupid.
And your total lack of letting people do and think what they want shows how you are a bad person that can't let people live their lives how they want to live them.
You are no better then the crazies that bomb abortion clinics or protest gays.

Last edited by Helemoto; 04/15/12 06:08 AM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto

And your total lack of letting people do and think what they want shows how you are a bad person that can't let people live their lives how they want to live them.

You can do and think any way you want, you can worship any number of bearded fucks in the sky in any number of ways. It is when you try to take what should be private matter of religion and use government public education funds to push it down my throat is when I start objecting. Not only that, but you making it mandatory - there is no way I can opt out of this nonsense being taught to my kids.

Want to teach creationism? Use Sunday school for it. You will not hear a single objection from me of what you choose to teach in Sunday school. If I don't like what I hear there, I will simply not attend. Actually, I'd even support you right to exclude homosexuals or whoever else you want out of your private religious life, but I will not let you taint public office/government law with your religious superstitions and magical thinking.

Creationism law is simply unconstitutional. It is not only enables, it also mandates "learning" what is clearly religious matter all on my tax dime. Next, we will have to know all saints by name as part of history curriculum.

Last edited by sinij; 04/15/12 01:21 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I think I will stop here before I get even angrier.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Unrelated news...

Fox’s misinformation effect

Quote:
It is an excerpt from Chris Mooney’s new book "The Republican Brain: The Science of Why They Deny Science and Reality."

If you only consider mainstream U.S. television news outlets with major audiences (e.g., numbering in the millions), it really is true that Fox viewers are the most misled based on all the available evidence—especially in areas of political controversy. This will come as little surprise to liberals, perhaps, but the evidence for it—evidence in Stewart’s favor—is pretty overwhelming.

Festinger suggested that once we’ve settled on a core belief, this ought to shape how we gather information. More specifically, we are likely to try to avoid encountering claims and information that challenge that belief, because these will create cognitive dissonance. Instead, we should go looking for information that affirms the belief. The technical (and less than ideal) term for this phenomenon is “selective exposure”: what it means is that we selectively choose to be exposed to information that is congenial to our beliefs, and to avoid “inconvenient truths” that are uncongenial to them.

Political Scientist: Republicans Most Conservative They've Been In 100 Years

Quote:
Keith Poole of the University of Georgia, with his collaborator Howard Rosenthal of New York University, has spent decades charting the ideological shifts and polarization of the political parties in Congress from the 18th century until now to get the view of how the political landscape has changed from 30,000 feet up. What they have found is that the Republican Party is the most conservative it has been a century.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The Salon article is certainly true and spot on. I would contend that Fox is not much if any worse than the other major networks though, I consider them all equally skewed. The other networks just skew in a different direction.

Note that I am not saying that Fox is OK. I just contend that the others are equally as bad. Though on all networks, the quality can vary widely... depending on the anchors, hosts, editors and managing editors on duty.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
It's fun to talk to people that can't control their feeling.

And thanks for letting me know that only Republicans believe in God and Democrats do not.

When you only go after one party all the time you make yourself look stupid.

I should correct myself, when I have been saying stupid I really was saying ignorant.

Last edited by Helemoto; 04/18/12 04:27 PM.
Page 12 of 16 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard