KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Actually, milk cows suffer pain from distended bag and utters if not milked regularly. Clearly you've never witnessed a cow that has had a calf die, eagerly jump into the milking stall after not being milked for a couple of days.

I believe that, so better to let the calf milk instead of suck milk machine. So they call cow is ready to give milk to the calf, if their calf die I think will be some reaction, because unlike Descarts and Derid, they were only like machines and do not raciocinate I think, so if their children die is normal it that they have a reaction to that.

Actually plants can be seen in time lapse video moving away from environments that they find unpleasant or harmful and towards healthy environs, just like animals only slower.

I also believe in that but comparing it to mammals like cows,dogs and etcs.. Is kind nonsense to me.. again I do not know like Tasorin said that plants have a nervous system at celular level or any other level, or even at spiritual level..

There are myriad resources available that show studies that suggest that humans are actually not equipt to digest grains. I'm just sayin.

We are adapted to eat meat,grains,fruits and vegetable to some degree, and I never think the otherwise, if there is only meat we can survive, if there is only grains and fruits and vegetables we can survive too.

Last edited by Mithus; 03/22/12 02:47 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
OK so here are some things. Kaotic touched on this earlier about grains being bad for people.

http://thepaleodiet.com/

Take a look at that.

The next point is this. If humans don't kill animals other animals will have to turn into super predators to fill the gap.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view?back=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%3Fei%3DUTF-8%26p%3Dman%2Bkills%2Bhuge%2Bwolf&w=138&h=160&imgurl=www.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dman%2Bkills%2Bhuge%2Bwolf%23focal%3Dc351f0fa7d12acd966e9639434d9faa6%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252f4.bp.blogspot.com%252f-1ZxJKLCA2Tg%252fTpSr3_kW58I%252fAAAAAAAAAoA%252fJLV4iJie7v0%252fs1600%252f640_2005-wolf_hunt.jpg&size=&name=search&rcurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dman%2Bkills%2Bhuge%2Bwolf%23focal%3Dc351f0fa7d12acd966e9639434d9faa6%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252f4.bp.blogspot.com%252f-1ZxJKLCA2Tg%252fTpSr3_kW58I%252fAAAAAAAAAoA%252fJLV4iJie7v0%252fs1600%252f640_2005-wolf_hunt.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bing.com%2Fimages%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dman%2Bkills%2Bhuge%2Bwolf%23focal%3Dc351f0fa7d12acd966e9639434d9faa6%26furl%3Dhttp%253a%252f%252f4.bp.blogspot.com%252f-1ZxJKLCA2Tg%252fTpSr3_kW58I%252fAAAAAAAAAoA%252fJLV4iJie7v0%252fs1600%252f640_2005-wolf_hunt.jpg&p=man+kills+huge+wolf&type=&no=2&tt=115&oid=http%3A%2F%2Fts4.mm.bing.net%2Fimages%2Fthumbnail.aspx%3Fq%3D4963724249792907%26id%3Dda9ca1d9ae633ed42cacb0fa9f49b50e%26index%3Dnewexp&tit=...+at+4+48+pm+labels+holiday+season+teenwolf+warewolf+wolf+coat+wolf+rug&sigr=16s9km9pu&sigi=16ltttn4h&sigb=11t25h317&fr=yfp-t-701-1-s

woah that didnt turn out how i wanted it to.

Last edited by Donkleaps; 03/22/12 02:56 PM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Canine is actually very good if butchered, cleaned, and prepared properly. On my last trip to India for business I had some from a street front establishment. A little tough, a little sinewy, a bit gamey, but if you hadn't told me it was Canine, I would have though it was Goat or some other small barn yard animal.

-Mithus, my ego knows no bounds. It truly is the Alpha and Omega.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If this is real, that's a damn big wolf. Follow Donk's link to see others.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
To Donk, .
Some researchs say the 33% of europen descendents have some level of sensitivy or allergy to grains, again not all grains, so you can die of cancer eating grains like you can die too eating meat, you can have auto-imune deseases from them, and usually is by eating processed grains so: wheat+milk plus other ingredients = bread. You can die of that if you are sensive to that.. but you can susbstitute the grain that you are allergic sensive for another, so you can eat bread using rice instead of wheat and etcs.. I will be very unlikely that you are allergic or sensive to all of them.

So to sum up, if grains let you sick, go and eat meat.

Tas, meat is meat so to me if you kill your loved dog and to honour his spirit, eat his meat is the same thing as eating a cow, I do not see too much difference. Recently there was documentary on NatGeo channel showing as tabu a slaughthouse and restaurant here in Brazil for Horses, people accusing the owners of assassins, I didnt get it all, they are like us that eat meat, only difference is about the type of the mammal.

Kaotic, that bear had a good life compared to cows that feed your milk, so he was blessed :). That guy with a riffle must be proud, he killed a bear with a gun! The same thing goes from someone getting emotion from fishing a dumb fish with a pole, and releasing the fish again.. what a hunt, you have too much skill to get a fish!

So I do not know if Eisten did say this but is funny:
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

Last edited by Mithus; 03/22/12 03:53 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Dude, that's not a bear. That's a wolf, and I was just posting what Donk tried to link. His point, I think, is that wolves aren't supposed to be that large and that they are growing to that size because they are protected by humans and allowed to evolve into some sort of super predator.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Dude, that's not a bear. That's a wolf, and I was just posting what Donk tried to link. His point, I think, is that wolves aren't supposed to be that large and that they are growing to that size because they are protected by humans and allowed to evolve into some sort of super predator.

At first shot he appeared so big that I did not even think it as a wolf. Ok I got it now.
I think you "guys" are not trying to argue with me about the view of PETA.. But if Donk or others I trying to put some questions about them, let me put this in advance.

I do think what they do adds 0% to the cause of animals. So I think Vegans would be better without them, and while I think the abollicionist aproach is the way, I know that is not realist, and I'm realist person, if people can realise that for the point of efficiency and enviromental that eat meat is not a good thing, it's really a good step.

So when I was in the primary school, my history teacher said the in true england pushed Brazil free the slaves not because humanitary/moral questions, but because they want to increase their market on us. So economically was better to them to have as a market millions of free slaves that would be paid by the land lords and be now targets for their products. At that time Brazil was a monarchy that bought everything(manufactured) from France and England.. So we sold coffe and other commodities to buy everything from them.

The same argument now goes to animal use, the real shift will be when becomes much more expensive to eat meat..and with more people eating more vegetables and fruits and etc.. this will put more pressure on changing the law.. and supporting vegan cause, because eating meat/cheese is an addiction too, most of people will not give up this tasteful addiction easily.

Last edited by Mithus; 03/22/12 04:11 PM.

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction

It is a Federal offense to shoot a Grey Wolf in Oregon and Washington. They have been importing them from Montana and Colorado for the last 15 years. Occasionally they roam into Northern California and Idaho and get shot. They are usually in the paper because someone shot one of the bigger ones in the pack and its over 200 pounds and as tall as a man.

Montana

Western Idaho

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Mithus, here is a link http://www.philosophypages.com/hy/4b.htm that pretty succinctly explains Descartes in relation to the matter and also provides a bit of context.

Sinij more or less hit the nail on the head earlier in explaining your use of circular logic. He tends to put things differently, but he was substantively correct. I do find that circular logic is not necessarily in all cases bad or incorrect ( but that discussion , and the whys , hows and wheres of possible correctness is a WHOLE nuther discussion and immaterial to this discussion) so my first reflex is usually not to go after circular logic for being circular logic as such.. but in this case the shoe certainly fits.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
ya, I did some quick search on the web:

Rene Descartes (1596-1650), the father of modern philosophy, believed that humans have two components: the body and the mind (soul). Most of what we do can be explained by unthinking responses, or passions to our environment. Descartes proposed that animals, lacking mind, act and interact through passions only. They are, in short, organic automata (machines), “much more splendid than artificial ones,” but machines nonetheless.

Descartes and his followers performed experiments in which they nailed animals by their paws onto boards and cut them open to reveal their beating hearts. They burned, scalded, and mutilated animals in every conceivable manner. When the animals reacted as though they were suffering pain, Descartes dismissed the reaction as no different from the sound of a machine that was functioning improperly. A crying dog, Descartes maintained, is no different from a whining gear that needs oil.

360 years later, Rene Descartes still exerts influence. While most contemporary scientists concede that animals can feel pain, their pain, so it is argued, is not quite like ours. Thus, vivisection continues. Yet clearly, all humans do not suffer in exactly the same way; I can never truly know what pain feels like to you. I can intuit by virtue of a like anatomy (nociceptors, spinal cord, brain), but this biological similarity is precisely why we experiment on animals in the first place. In the end, there is no escaping this uncomfortable truth: the only reason we cut up defenseless animals and not intellectually-similar human beings (small children, senile seniors, mentally-enfeebled) in the pursuit of scientific progress is that they do not belong to our species. And speciesism is as irrational as racism and sexism. Rene Descartes’ philosophy is an anachronism that should be buried in an unenlightened past.

Quote:
The arguments of authority were and are quite common, unfortunately. Aristotle said that the planets are perfect spheres, and this was true for the next 1800 years. When Galileo showed that the Moon's surface was irregular (the moon is a "planet" in classical astronomy) there were many who said he was wrong because it was contrary to Aristotle. It was no use to show images in your telescope, make drawings, bringing the moon pulling with a rope and rub it on the nose of the citizen: Aristotle had not said that its surface was flat? Well then it is flat, what the hell! This reminds me of the famous phrase "if the facts do not fit the theory, so much the worse for the facts ..."

So when you kill a pig or a dog, even if he cries, bud, try desperately to escape, if squirm in pain as you scream and stabs him horribly until the last breath of life was fading, that does not mean that he feels pain, suffering or has any other emotion ... Why? However, because Descartes said so, that nonhuman animals (a group clearly paraphyletic!) Are just automatons, devoid of any internal mental state. And that's it!

This nonsense did not come Cartesian join the Catholic and Jewish view that nonhuman animals are only movable property, public or private property, devoid of "soul" and subject to any treatment that humans want to dismiss them. In fact, this nonsense is born into this Cartesian view Catholic and Jewish, as is easy to see.

Exploring the internal mental states of bees cows, cognitive ethology is becoming increasingly robust.

And so for the next four centuries, the authority Cartesian hung (would have stopped hovering?) On all scientific research on all of biology, zoology over all, on the whole ethology. I've heard several times, my students, that "man is the only rational animal." Well, I attribute this kind of opinion over the Christian tradition that Descartes. However, I've heard my colleagues in academia, and no fewer than a dozen times, saying "animals (nonhuman) have no emotion", "animals have no rationality", "animals do not feel pain", explicitly using the name Descartes as an argument of authority. I guess these guys are able to do vivissecções without anesthesia, because, since animals do not feel pain?

The cognitive ethology, a branch of ethology, in short, seeks to study the internal mental states of animals, is not exactly a new science, though only about 30 or 40 years (for those who do not know, I recommend the books of disclosure scientific Mark Bekoff and Colin Allen, especially "Species of mind"). However, I have the impression that cognitive ethology is gaining traction, producing more papers and being taken increasingly seriously in the academic world. I may be wrong, but I bet some chips that I'm not.

This therefore is the reason for this brief note: draw attention to the recent progress in an area of biology extremely interesting and complex. Bees with emotional states, cows that demonstrate understanding of their social structure, demonstrations of affection in chickens, whales that give names to each other ... The last few years have been quite prolific for cognitive ethology, and the trend is that it becomes increasingly robust and increasingly important. That, just as Galileo and his telescope, the cognitive ethology show that an argument from authority can not override the facts and scientific analysis.

When Darwin published "Origin," began the slow but inevitable death of this concept is detrimental to the scala naturae. Likewise, I hope that the maturation of cognitive ethology begin the slow death of this nonsense Cartesian, primarily in academia, and then in society as a whole.

Last edited by Mithus; 03/22/12 05:36 PM.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard