KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Kaotic #98389 02/09/12 08:36 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: sinij
Minor Spending vs. Fundamental Rights, what to pick?
It's been said before but obviously it needs repeating. No one is advocating denying a woman the ability to have an abortion.

No you are advocating making it technically impossible to make an abortion, support all kinds of shady legislation aimed at making it increasingly difficult to have a perfectly legal abortion and use straw man "funding" arguments as a shield.

Repeat it after me, already no federal funding is ever used for abortions. What current crop of legislation is about, including Ron Paul's, is aimed at removing non-abortion-related funding from any clinic that also does no-federal-money-used abortions as a way to "punish" practice of offering no-federal-money-used abortions.

Read the fucking bills if you don't believe me.

[Linked Image]
Helemoto #98390 02/09/12 08:45 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
The reason you are a fucking idiot is I said nothing that had to do with religion. I said murder is bad, you got the religion from nothing cause your a fucking idiot.

I already addressed this, but if you paused for a second in between mortifying your flesh and chanting to read, you would have read following:

Quote:
Until you can say medical community agrees the best outcome for the patient is, or overwhelming scientific consensus is, or greater societal benefit arises from is, it will still a faith-based belief.

You can also argue that you believe what you believe for no reason whatsoever and just chose to arbitrary adapt it into your value system with no justification whatsoever.

Since you already stated "Abortion is a personal freedom", whatever you chose to believe is between you and deity of your choice and I have very little interest getting crucified in the middle of it.

Last edited by sinij; 02/09/12 08:49 PM.

[Linked Image]
JetStar #98394 02/09/12 09:10 PM
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I challenge your notion that all personal beliefs stem from faith.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Sini #98395 02/09/12 09:25 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
First off a consensus doesn't make something true just because its a consensus.

Secondly you keep bring up that I talk about religion which I haven't hence the reason your a fucking idiot.

The fact that you tell me I believe in something "for no reason whatsoever". Don't you think someone can believe in something that doesn't involve a religion.

I assume you can't because your a fucking idiot.

Since you know me so well what values of mine do you not agree with????

Last edited by Helemoto; 02/09/12 09:25 PM.
Sini #98404 02/10/12 06:09 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Don't say anything you don't want to be used against you in a debate. This is like starting your argument with "I know I am wrong here, but..."
You'll have to forgive my naivete. I assumed we were all being honest about our views. Now I know the rules, don't give Sinji any chance to change the subject without addressing the issue. Got it.

Originally Posted By: Sinji
Are you one of the extreme Catholics that even argue against use of contraceptive?
Nope.

Originally Posted By: Sinji
You keep using "child", "life" and "human life".
That's because I want to be clear that this is what's at stake here.

Before we proceed I want you to define it for me.

1. Is unfertilized egg a child, life or human life? Nope

2. Is semen a child, life or human life? Nope

3. Is fertilized egg a person, life or human life? Yep

4. Is frozen fertilized egg outside of human body a person, life or human life? Yep

5. Is first trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

6. Is second trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

7. Is third trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

8. Is any fetus that is not viable without support of a womb a person, life or human life? Yep

9.Is human female a person, life or human life? Yep

10. Is benign tumor a person, life or human life? Living tissue

11. Is gut bacteria a person, life or human life? Life

Your argument about the current state of federal funding for abortions may be correct (although I think we all know planned parenthood and other organizations are using/have used federal dollars for abortions), but the current argument is about what will happen under Obamacare, where, not only will federal dollars pay for abortions, but institutions that do not currently provide that service and are morally opposed to it will be required to.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Donkleaps #98408 02/10/12 06:24 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I challenge your notion that all personal beliefs stem from faith.

Not all of them. Some are based on facts, some are based on societal norms, some are based on past experiences and so on.

I asked him to justify his opinion and suggested a number of ways to do it. All I got back is angry buzzing.

I still stand that all _arbitrary_ personal believes are ether based on faith or stupidity and are often paraded as morals.

[Linked Image]
Kaotic #98409 02/10/12 06:31 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
although I think we all know planned parenthood and other organizations are using/have used federal dollars for abortions

I will address rest of your point when I get to my desk, but this...

I think we all know Kaotic eats babies for breakfast and heats his house by burning Jews.

No, "we all" don't know that. Doing so would be against the law, law that is on the books since 06 or maybe even earlier. You are throwing baseless acquisitions, appeal to false consensus all to further your point.

facepalm

[Linked Image]
Kaotic #98426 02/10/12 11:35 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic

1. Is unfertilized egg a child, life or human life? Nope

2. Is semen a child, life or human life? Nope

3. Is fertilized egg a person, life or human life? Yep

4. Is frozen fertilized egg outside of human body a person, life or human life? Yep

5. Is first trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

6. Is second trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

7. Is third trimester fetus a person, life or human life? Yep

8. Is any fetus that is not viable without support of a womb a person, life or human life? Yep

9.Is human female a person, life or human life? Yep

10. Is benign tumor a person, life or human life? Living tissue

11. Is gut bacteria a person, life or human life? Life

So what is the difference between fertilized egg and unfertilized egg and some sperm? Is some magical process happens that adds significance to mixed ingredients? How is this different from "living tissue"?

Also why do you consider frozen fertilized egg outside of human body a person but gut bacteria a mere life? They are not at all biologically different.

It is clear from your answers that you believe that something special happens during fertilization and anything that would prevent this fertilized egg from developing into a sentient human being a crime, and a murder. Is this correct?

[Linked Image]
Sini #98430 02/10/12 01:39 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
No, "we all" don't know that. Doing so would be against the law, law that is on the books since 06 or maybe even earlier. You are throwing baseless acquisitions, appeal to false consensus all to further your point.

facepalm
Ok, perhaps I should have said "all of us who pay attention to the real world know" why the House voted last year to stop funding planned parenthood.

For the record I have thrown no acquisitions, nor do I intend to. I may however throw an accusation or two from time to time, but rest assured they will not be thrown willy-nilly into the crowd.

Sini #98432 02/10/12 01:51 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So what is the difference between fertilized egg and unfertilized egg and some sperm? Is some magical process happens that adds significance to mixed ingredients? How is this different from "living tissue"?
Well, an unfertilized egg is not fertilized. At that point it, and sperm, are like the tip of your finger, they are part of a human but they are not a human.

Also why do you consider frozen fertilized egg outside of human body a person but gut bacteria a mere life? They are not at all biologically different.
Only in the world of particle physics would anyone postulate a percentage chance that gut bacteria would grow into a human. However, the ridiculousness of your assertion only serves to strengthen the point that you have no basis for your opinion.

It is clear from your answers that you believe that something special happens during fertilization and anything that would prevent this fertilized egg from developing into a sentient human being a crime, and a murder. Is this correct?
Yepperooney. That "something special" is the same thing that happens when any animal procreates. We, as humans, place special value on human life because we are the only species in which we have seen conclusive evidence of self awareness, or sentience.

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard