Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB

KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
1 members (Donkleaps), 56 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,033,906 Trump card
1,342,130 Picture Thread
480,171 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Jetstar is the only one sane here popcorn ,

Government(State) should give
security,health care,education for free and it´s not a comunism thing.

If you do not have the money to pay your medical problem or of your´s children because your job only allow you to have enough money to pay to have a house and pay your´s childrens food. Should be a obligation of government to supply a Medical system of quality.

When you have a government spending too much money on military endeavours, neglecting education,health care,security and job creating, you have a big problem for the future.

I heard from tv that for the first time USA will have a generation that has less education that their parents. That will have a big impact on jobs and economy.

Last edited by Mithus; 09/11/11 01:07 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
"LOL,

Wow, where should I begin. How about the highway system as an example of something that only government could do. How about Hoover Dam? How about the Golden Gate Bridge?

Private Enterprise could have never taken us to the Moon or developed atomic power. Private enterprise could have never saved the world in WW2.

How quickly you forget the great things the American government has accomplished."

The government doesn't make anything,they take money from us then pay private company's to build things, they can pay for this because they can spend more money then any private company can afford to spend because they would go broke.
Not to mention the amount of money they waste on over paying for everything they do.
Once again they do not PRODUCE anything.
You can look at it one way, they are the only company that can spend as much as they want but make nothing to sell to make the money they spend. The idea that government should be able to spend as much as they want is what got us into this problem now. Health care could be affordable if we could control the spending on all the b.s.

The federal gov. should only be spending money on very few things, Military,interstate system to name a few.

The police and firefighters are local city, state and have nothing to do with fed.

"and the candidates you support don't believe in science or evolution, so that is a moot argument."
Who doesn't believe in science? I have never heard this one.

The NFL line was lame.

Ever heard of the Army corps of engineers?

Your statement is simply wrong that the government does not produce anything.

Again, the Manhattan project was a government run and paid project that produces nuclear power. The Government "Produced" this. How about all the science NASA has funded that has been turned into great things in the private sector?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Derid
The housing bubble was caused because the govt was underwriting hundreds of billions in bad loans via Freddia and Fannie, and HUD et al make it politically and regulatorily necessary to extend loans to bad borrowers. Gov't intervention made for many millions more buyers than there would have otherwise been, thus inflating housing prices. Govt backing of the bad loans let shady Wall St types repackage them as securities ( hey its a great investment, the gov't is backing it! ) and sell them.

You know I respect you Derid, but blaming Fannie and Freddie for Credit Default Swaps is just nuts!

For some reason , a lot of people do not like to look past the involvement of a few dirty capitalists. And yeah, in any society, even if the old Soviet Union, when gov't gave people a legal way to fleece people... there is ALWAYS someone willing to take up that task. Capitalism as a system is about competition and letting the free market set value.... which is what was NOT happening in regards to the housing market, hence its collapse. Look at Medicare and other gov't intervention, and you will see that Health care costs are absurdly high not because of enough govt involvement but because of too much.

I hate it when people bring up the Soviet Union. I am in no way a communist. How can you say that Police and law enforcement are not needed and protection is not a right. How about defense by a fire department for damage and first response to injury? Well as soon as they help you you are on your own in your opinion. That to me is cruel. If you are a legal citizen of this country, you should be safe and have health care.

Getting everyone covered will reduce costs. No more expensive emergency room health care that NOONE PAYS FOR thereby jacking up the price for the honest folks like me. Preventative medicine goes a long way.

How about enforcing immigration law and policy so I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS HEALTH AND EDUCATION!

You guys just don't make sense. I cant wait until you turn 65.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

You are right about education Mithus. Though a lot of our discussion here is also about the role of Federal vs Local government. The Federal govt involvement in lower education has been disastrous.

I actually think that Federal Student Loans are OK... even though Federal higher education financing has been a primary reason the cost of higher education keeps skyrocketing.

The problem with health care though on a Federal level.. well there are a few.

If you or anyone could answer a few questions, I would think it a lot more sane...

1) How do you keep a Fed Health system even slightly fair, without criminalizing unhealthy behavior? AKA unless we start throwing people in jail for eating too much cake, why the fuck should I or anyone pay for some fatass who eats 12000 calories of junk a day to have 4 heart surgeries?

2) Supply vs Demand is a real force, and all economics follows it - its as concrete as a law of physics - simply put, the more people want something the higher the price. The price may not always be in terms of money... one example is the old Soviet bread lines. The cost was reasonable in terms of money per loaf, but there simply was not enough.. so people had to wait in line. So, the question is what system do you use for doling out the finite amount of health care available in response to a potentially unlimited number of requests to access care?

3) How do you encourage companies to do expensive research and testing of new treatments and drugs, if they will no longer make a good profit? - Also, if the market is no longer setting the price of treatments... what metrics can you use to set "fair" pricing? Remember, if you do not make it lucrative for the companies they will no longer seek new treatments, but if you let them, they will have everyone paying 1000$ a day for some treatment they do not need... (not to mention all the grey areas, where people can be kept alive an extended period but at great financial cost. ) So.... if you take the free market out of the equation, how do you properly set the pricing for these treatments and services? ( please note, that such a certrally managed economic system has never worked on a large scale for ANYTHING, EVER, in the ENTIRE history of humankind. It always has ended up in the destruction of said economy/industry, a mess of utter corruption and bureaucratic incompetence. Without exception, and without fail.)

So, how can these fundamental issues be addressed? Lots of people like to think that those of us who oppose things like free health care oppose it because we want people to suffer or something... not because we think it is utterly impossible to provide in an equitable manner. Thats just not the case.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar
The housing bubble was caused because the govt was underwriting hundreds of billions in bad loans via Freddia and Fannie, and HUD et al make it politically and regulatorily necessary to extend loans to bad borrowers. Gov't intervention made for many millions more buyers than there would have otherwise been, thus inflating housing prices. Govt backing of the bad loans let shady Wall St types repackage them as securities ( hey its a great investment, the gov't is backing it! ) and sell them.

You know I respect you Derid, but blaming Fannie and Freddie for Credit Default Swaps is just nuts!

For some reason , a lot of people do not like to look past the involvement of a few dirty capitalists. And yeah, in any society, even if the old Soviet Union, when gov't gave people a legal way to fleece people... there is ALWAYS someone willing to take up that task. Capitalism as a system is about competition and letting the free market set value.... which is what was NOT happening in regards to the housing market, hence its collapse. Look at Medicare and other gov't intervention, and you will see that Health care costs are absurdly high not because of enough govt involvement but because of too much.

I hate it when people bring up the Soviet Union. I am in no way a communist. How can you say that Police and law enforcement are not needed and protection is not a right. How about defense by a fire department for damage and first response to injury? Well as soon as they help you you are on your own in your opinion. That to me is cruel. If you are a legal citizen of this country, you should be safe and have health care.

Getting everyone covered will reduce costs. No more expensive emergency room health care that NOONE PAYS FOR thereby jacking up the price for the honest folks like me. Preventative medicine goes a long way.

How about enforcing immigration law and policy so I DON'T HAVE TO PAY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS HEALTH AND EDUCATION!

Credit default swaps would have worked actually, and were not allowed to take their course because the people underwriting the swaps were politically connected enough to keep from having to pay them. The thing that caused the panic, was that noone was certain just how deep the liabilities went, and who was holding them. There likely would have been a lot less uncertainty a week after the collapse, had default swaps been allowed to play themselves out, and anyone over-exposed allowed to fail.

Bernake certainly thought that Goldman Sachs and all his buddies among the Wall St elite were much too important to America to be allowed to fail, but that does not make it objective reality.

----
edit

Jet, I bring up the Soviets simply because they are an example of a managed economy. It is not meant to imply you are a Soviet.

Also, this discussion is about Federal duties. I do not think my fire dept should be run by a giant Fed bureaucracy.... I think my local fire dept does quite well thank you. No, I do not want it supplanted or controlled by an irresponsible and incompetent Federal Bureaucrat..

Last edited by Derid; 09/11/11 01:42 PM. Reason: cause

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Quote:

lol you do not need to wait all that, just 45 is enough with amount of fat(fast food) eaten by general population to have the first heart problem.

Last edited by Mithus; 09/11/11 01:43 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Also, this discussion is about Federal duties. I do not think my fire dept should be run by a giant Fed bureaucracy.... I think my local fire dept does quite well thank you. No, I do not want it supplanted or controlled by an irresponsible and incompetent Federal Bureaucrat..

AMEN!

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
All problems that you discuss can be solved by Darwinism...as it should be. The US has already screwed up it's own view on imperialism so at this point its either expand or isolate. There is no middle ground there.

If we follow history we know that soon there should be another total war. Until then.

Get rid of welfare and let people who are too lazy to work starve to death.

Start raising taxes on imports.

Tax the hell out of US founded corps that move operations over seas.

STOP LETTING FOREIGNERS BUY OUR REFINERIES!!!

Stop giving immigrants free money just for moving here.

Close the borders or build housing communities with schools that teach immigrants the basics of being an American and make them work for it. (You call it indentured servitude if you like but equivalent exchange is the basic fundamental of all life.)

Stop treating politics like a sport.

Another US civil war is incoming. (Edward Casey said so.)

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey everyone. I never talked about state vs federal. That is all you guys. I am talking about government in general.

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Derid

you pay taxes and those taxes goes to government and you want a good use of your money.

local,state,federal are all government branchs it doesnt matter, you pay your taxes and city,state and federal government get a part of it to distribute and give you services that you need, like security(police,fire departmente),education and of course health system if you cannot pay for a private one, like a private school.

You pay taxes to the government, Why not a small percentage of your taxes goes to medical care system, the same thing goes to education and security, in the end you pay for it.

As incentive for medical and drugs discoveries, it´s not different like when the government pay for ultra expensive military jets and equipment. The government should pay with your taxes for drugs and give those companies that discovery 20 years of patente rights, like it does with military.

Did you see how france and england take care of people? is something wrong with them not paying directly for medical care. It will not drive any medical discoveries away.

Page 4 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard