KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Arkh Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
At last, I got a first alpha of this little project. It's mainly there to test the ruleset and if it can be fun to play.

To put it simply, it is a web browser game in which you can be a part of an army on a battlefield. But instead of being simple soldiers, you're what creates and control them. And anyone of an army can control any unit of its army.
Here is what it looks like (I'm not a designer and it shows :p):

And you can test it on http://www.atrexus.com

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Arkh you should try to implement this on Warband :P, also creating a website to manage army and the bots(warband).!

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I still think with the talent that we have within KGB we should be able to create a better mod than CRPG.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I still think with the talent that we have within KGB we should be able to create a better mod than CRPG.

I also think so, I begun to see how is coding done within warband and saw that is python, I have to ask Arkh I´m the only to to see how ugly is python coding text?

Donk I saw somewhere that Taleworlds is developing Warband 2, maybe is time to get KGB coders together.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
I saw the WB2 announcement but my question is whether or not it is going to be open source for mod makers like the original.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Donkleaps
I saw the WB2 announcement but my question is whether or not it is going to be open source for mod makers like the original.

No reason that would be different, warband is not open source, we have the option to make mod "scipts" but until a certain point, most of features are "hardcoded".

Also most reason we do not have KGBers coders doing things, is that you do not how time consuming is to code anything worth.

Last edited by Mithus; 09/12/11 05:02 AM.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Mithus

Also most reason we do not have KGBers coders doing things, is that you do not how time consuming is to code anything worth.

I do, lol smile

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I am still trying to figure out exactly wtf Arkh has done here? Because all I can make of it is colored boxes and a Key

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Arkh Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I am still trying to figure out exactly wtf Arkh has done here? Because all I can make of it is colored boxes and a Key

Erf.
So, the thing is, when you enter a battlefield, you are usually bound to a headquarter with some soldiers around.
The yellow thingy is the headquarter you're bound to (it should say "headquarter X"). The green things around are your army's soldiers. The red things (if there are) are enemy's soldiers.

If there some square empty next to your headquarter, you have the possibility to create a soldier. It costs 40 Action Points (AP), you can have 100 AP max, and gain 5 of them per hour.
Instead of creating soldiers, you may want to use one, all the green soldiers should have a "use" button on them. Click on it to bind yourself to a soldier.

When bound to a soldier you can move him around on empty squares around him. It costs 1 AP to you and the soldier. A soldier has only a maximum of 40 AP.
Or you can attack an enemy soldier if it is next to your soldier. It costs 5 AP and does 5 damage. A soldier has 100 Health Points (HP).
Also, if you are next to an enemy headquarter, you can capture it if you and your soldier have enough AP (it cost 20 AP per headquarter, at the exception of one per army which is set to 100 AP so it cannot be captured).

The goal is to thwart the other armies by taking their headquarters and killing their soldiers.

I added the possibility to view a global map of a battlefield, here is for the public one : http://atrexus.com/index.php?battlefieldId=1&controller=Battlefields&action=showMap

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
so...it's like playing a fancier game of war on graph paper like I did in study hall or detention when I was in High School? lol

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]

Link Copied to Clipboard