KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 42 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Mmorning
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,050,058 Trump card
1,346,650 Picture Thread
482,398 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#91821 08/25/11 05:06 PM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Eat it bitch's.

Learn to follow the garden of weeden.

Go Vikings!

By 2020, electric vehicles will log 250 billion miles on U.S. roads each year. More than 30 EV makes and models—cars, trucks, bikes and motorcycles—are on the market today, with another 150 in development and production. Electric Avenue, launched in August 2011, is a two-year research partnership between PSU, the city of Portland, and Portland General Electric. Electric vehicle drivers can park and plug in to one of several different charging stations that have been installed along Southwest Montgomery Street, between Broadway and Sixth Avenue in the center of PSU's campus downtown. All charging stations are powered with 100 percent renewable energy from PGE. Vehicle charging (sponsored by PSU) is free. Standard parking rates apply.

The project supports a growing industry, while giving researchers and policy makers a better understanding of how electric vehicles will affect infrastructure, driver behavior, and the environment. That's part of PSU's commitment, as a leading urban research university, to using its campus as a living laboratory for implementing more sustainable practices. Electric Avenue joins a host of transportation studies already underway at Portland State, led by faculty working across disciplines and with the Oregon Transportation Research and Education Consortium (OTREC), a national university transportation center housed at PSU.

CHARGING PARTNERS: Eaton, ECOtality, General Electric, Northwrite Inc., OpConnect, Shorepower Technologies, SPX
and Broadway Ave. in Portland, Oregon.

... And yes, white people shouldn't try and electric slide.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Tasorin #91822 08/25/11 05:17 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
And then one day the wind didn't blow and everyone had to ride the bus home.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #91824 08/25/11 07:18 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I'm thinking this...

Kaotic is right, what's going to happen when the wind stops Blowin' and the sun doesn't shine as much. Gonna need a little of that Oil & Natural Gas then. GOOD LUCK!

Wolfgang #91832 08/26/11 08:29 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
That is all you redneck hog fuckers got? When the wind doesn't blow as hard or the sun doesn't shine as much? So what you are saying is you got nothing to really say.

So the spread of renewable energy PGE is running is very diverse you knuckle draggers. wind and solar, while common, and what you inbreeders are limited to thinking when the word "renewable" is used.

PGE and Oregon State Univ. have a joint venture, the largest research facility for wave energy and is currently producing large amounts of wave energy. So you might want to add when the Space Moth hatches from the Moon and and the tides stop coming in and going out.

PGE has a massive Geothermal footprint in Oregon as well that produces massive amounts of renewable energy. So maybe you should add when we bore to the center of the earth and suck the life out of the core and the core stops producing steam.

Don't even get me started about the BPS, Bonnevile Power Service, a Federal Agency that jointly operates with PGE for energy distribution all the power generated by Hydro Electric dams in Oregon which number in the 100's of dams producing energy. So maybe you should add when the earth freezes over or heats up depending on which theroy of cooling or warming you choose to hang your hat on , and we don't have water sheds producing flow anymore.

What about the PGS/OSU and Farmers Assoc. joint venture to produce "Sweet Grass" a wild grass with 5x's the sugar content of corn and 3x's the cycle rate in order to produce E85 to drive both Energy producing turbines and power vehicles. So maybe you should add into your rant when the soil goes bad due to chemical contamination for the acid cloud of pollution from China.

But yes, PSU itself has many Solar Panels and Wind turbines on site and on bldgs. to produce there own renewable energy.

Basically, eat a fat hippie dick you redneck hog fuccking inbreed knuckle draggers.

Now, I am going to go re-load both barrels of my shottie for the next som-bish.

Tasorin #91835 08/26/11 10:05 AM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
Until we get a safe, fast to charge and efficient way to store energy, those vehicles are doomed. But when we get it... this is gonna be awesome. Think one crazy torque motor per wheel.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
Tasorin #91839 08/26/11 11:26 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I'm not the one on a rant...

Hydro-dynamic energy, what about the pickled-nosed smelt fish? I'm all for hydro power but you hippies get all bent out of shape when the rest of us wanna put mechanical devices in the ocean or dam up a river.

I'm all for the "sweet grass" as long as it doesn't take the place of food crops, and as long as it doesn't take more energy to make it than it produces, like corn does.

My understanding of geothermal energy production has more to do with heat transfer than with steam production.

"There" is a direction. You meant to use the word "their", being the possessive of they. Also, "fucking" only has one "c".

P.S. the core of the earth doesn't produce steam, but it does get pretty darn hot (that's caused by friction).

Kaotic #91842 08/26/11 11:40 AM
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I hope you get some hater for a professor.

Tasorin #91846 08/26/11 12:12 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

ROFLSTOMPED wink

Ictinike #91847 08/26/11 01:27 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Ictinike
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

ROFLSTOMPED wink

Except that I don't make mistakes wink

Kaotic #91851 08/26/11 04:00 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Arkh makes a good point, it's one to take a note on. This also applies with wind turbines, and yes even in this backwards ass, knuckle dragging state of Oklahoma, we have many wind farms. With more going online seemingly every quarter.

The wind turbines need to be more effcient. You have to put several up in a cluster for them to make a big difference in producing energy. Several Oklahoma small towns are looking into these wind turbines, but they aren't efficient enough and it becomes an eye sore with so many of them in a confined or "approved" area. Don't make it sound like I don't believe in renewable energy. I think there is a place for solar panels,wind turbines,hydro electric...ect. Using both until they can be made to be more efficient, then transitioning over is the ideal move. Jumping on that horse from the git-go trying to quit oil & natural gas cold turkey isn't a good idea. Because you are throwing everything into one basket, and things just never go well by doing that.

So when you fart smellers can put down the cheeba long enough to see, then maybe it will become a little more clearer. Hell, if a bunch of knuckle draggers can see this, why can't you? =P

Last edited by Wolfgang; 08/26/11 04:02 PM.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard