KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,088 Trump card
1,340,400 Picture Thread
478,794 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member

Former KGB Member
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Remove your CC Information from your profile in Playstation Online, monitor your CC accounts, and dispute any charges you didn't make.

Sony is going to be paying through the nose for this one. Wait until they get the class action lawsuit in about 6 months and have to pay for credit monitoring for a year or two for EVERY SINGLE Playstatation Online user who had CC info in there dba.

This is why I always use a Burner CC when ever I do any online game transactions or give CC info for a monthly sub. I use either a pre-paid card, or I use my 500 buck limit burner.

Its just as much your job to protect yourself as it is Sony's job to protect your financial and personal data.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Still, if they can not protect them they should not store them.
That's like when you read about websites getting hacked which used shit method to store your pasword. You know, the one you use for all your other online things.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Or..... after paying with a credit card delete the info. When its time to pay again put the info in then delete it again. Its what I do.

If you know they keep the info then you take partial responsibility if they get hacked,because you know its possible.

Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
The odd thing is XBOX live, is fine & a known company with security hole ridden software made Xbox.

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
The odd thing is XBOX live, is fine & a known company with security hole ridden software made Xbox.

Every piece of software has security holes or things that can be exploited. You only hear about malicious attacks on Windows operating systems because that's what hackers target. Mostly because it being the most prevailent operating system affords them the best opportunity to cause mayhem in the most efficient way.

It wouldn't disrupt businesses and homes world wide on nearly the same scale if they started attacking Apple computers.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Or if someone changed some of the random generator of the openSSH protocol for something like the debian distro.
:p

KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction

Mostly...

When 9 out of 10 scripts are written primarily to attack window based machines because most businesses use windows, and up until recently most home pc's ran windows.

With the MacOs gaining in popularity and more and more scripts being written for browsers instead of OS's, that belief doesn't hold true any more.

It's not that Microsoft is that much worse at security then everyone else, its that 9 out of 10 attacks used to be aimed squarely at MS products.

Has MS faltered in timely security updates, of course. But that doesn't mean what you believe to be true Salochin is actually the reality. Which is becoming more and more common as people stop thinking in an analytical manner before they accept something at truth.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former Member
Former Member
Yea, recieved an email saying that it apperars ALL my info may have been comprimised( other than CC info) That's pretty lame in itself but If I was playing PS3 as my main gaming output atm then a week of downtime would have caused me to put a bullet in my system....

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Mostly...

When 9 out of 10 scripts are written primarily to attack window based machines because most businesses use windows, and up until recently most home pc's ran windows.

With the MacOs gaining in popularity and more and more scripts being written for browsers instead of OS's, that belief doesn't hold true any more.

It's not that Microsoft is that much worse at security then everyone else, its that 9 out of 10 attacks used to be aimed squarely at MS products.

Has MS faltered in timely security updates, of course. But that doesn't mean what you believe to be true Salochin is actually the reality. Which is becoming more and more common as people stop thinking in an analytical manner before they accept something at truth.

Now the majority of attacks are aimed to Adobe products : Flash player and PDF reader. Which work on windows, Mac and *nix boxes.

But one big thing which hit the microsoft system before was that users always run their OS as admin on XP. You even have tutorials on how to disable the UAC. I mean, take a NetBSD box, start using it as root all day long and it will eventually do some bad shit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard