KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,847 Trump card
1,342,423 Picture Thread
480,663 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You can't change any setting that will change health bars, just remember RED & Orange=Dead. It's tough getting used to telling good guy from bad guy when you're in the middle of battle. Having a good computer that can keep up where you're not lagging helps a lot. It just takes time getting used to it, even then you will have friendly fire accidents.

As far as getting into melee range, you need to get the spell "Wall of force" throw a blinding spell, wall of force them, and it you have begone or stormblast use those to get in on top of them in a hurry. This game takes a lot of timing, a long with hand eye coordination. All I can suggest is to fight mobs that move around a lot, get used to hitting them on the move. After a while you will notice your accuracy will get a lot better.

As far as trying to out DPS someones healing spells, this comes down to being accurate and hitting them as much as possible. Which is easier said than done, again it just takes time getting used to this. Also having your heal spells at 100 or at the very least above 75 will help a lot. You will see your survivabilty increase the higher you get them. Darkfall is a grind, even with all the patches to help make the grind less than what it was.

I'm not trying to discourage you in anyway, but it's just the way the game is. It's not like other games where you can hit the max level within weeks and become a PVP god. You can have average base stats and still be viable in PVP.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 04/19/11 08:18 PM.
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Pvp is about getting the guy into a situation he can't get out of. There are lots of spells, schools of magic etc.. The biggest issue with the game is the grind in leveling spells.

Early on you are going to have a hell of a time beating most people 1v1 because they outgear you, and they have higher stats. Meditation helps with this somewhat but it still takes a lot of time and money. Consider also that they probablly have all of the magic schools to 100 and also archmage, and some of the intensifies to 100 for more damage.

In PvP: When starting out I tent to use R90 fire spell inferno followed by a r75 fire spell magma storm both of these are over 75. I then do another r90 I use Arcane but it could be whatever you want. Explosive charge is popular. I do this because they have big aoe's and I am going to get at least some damage on the target.

Once I have casted those I will hit a transfer heal, and maybe a pot depending on how much health I have. After that i pop out the bow and go to work.

Now when using the bow move back and forth. Not just strafing but point left move, reaquire shoot, point right move reaquire shoot. It is important to hold your shots and make them count. I find that if I aim just above the left shoulder of the enemy I hit most often.

When I shoot the bow I am moving in tward the target at angles. when I get into melee range I pop out the 2 hander and go to town, attempting to stickyback the target.

If he gets out of range I pop a heal then pull the bow back out unless the target is low. If the target is low and trying to cut corners I start in with the nukes again keeping damage steady so if he is healing it negates his heals.

If at anytime I am under pressure and need to heal I will eye rot the target and cast a big heal followed by a transfer followed by a potion.

The other thing you can do to put people under pressure is wall of force and hit them with some rays. Dont use fire spells that will pop them out of the WOF. Save your pungent mist for just as the WOF is going to drop and pull out your bow. You can see spell casting through pungent mist.

These are the basics. Just mix and match and you will at least be able to hold your own vs. most players. For this to be effective you need an magic encumberance of less than 20. My junk sets consist of r50 weps, scale legs, gloves, helm, boots and the rest bone.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4840734#post4840734

Here is that post about random hero's config. Hope it helps

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
I am having harder and harder time liking DFO. Garbage combat really gets on my nerves. In PvP I have a) hard time telling people apart (how do I turn health bars/names to always stay on, not just on mouse-over?!) b) I have impossible time getting into melee range with anyone c) I have impossible time hitting anyone moving around obstacles with archery d) I can't seem to do any damage that isn't trivially outhealed, all while my heals do nothing at all.

I keep telling myself "you will eventually get to PvP" but its harder to keep believing in it.

If I were you I'd play support : heal people who need it, buff them when you have time, pull them out of bubbles if you have the necessary spells. It helps getting a better sense of situation awereness and being better at aiming while not being the squishy prime target of the ennemy.
It's what I usually do in big fights because my ping destroy any possibility for me to switch weapon fast enough. And one good healer can change as much things as a good damage dealer.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Dart brought something up that's KEY*. Do not straff when fighting someone when you have distance between you, straffing is slow. Like Dart mentioned, look at your target shoot, then look away, move, require your target... rinse and repeat.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Thank you for all suggestions.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I came to realization that DarkFall is not for me. I really tried to like DFO so I can play with KGB and I think gave it very fair chance.

I detailed some of my key objections in the following thread:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?p=4917392#post4917392

Mostly it boils down to frusturation of not being able to PvP, not progressing my character to where I could PvP and annoying farming.

Here is how my typical play session looks like:

1. Log in and go mine/chop wood/herb/fish while cooking dinner
2. Get back, bank mats make some trash gear to wear for the day
3. Run for very long time to a spawn (my choices are ether goblins/orc or zombies, and they drop almost no gold) or something that I frequently die at, because I can barely kill one a time... my take home with factoring running is about 1K per hour, frequently less when you factor in PKs, need to replace broken gear and so on. I need 4.5K per day to max meditation. This is *extremely* annoying, because I can't afford to advance.
4. Occasionally I get into "PvP" where the only option available to me is to unsuccessfully and pointlessly run after someone while getting knocked up, bubbled and blown up, landing couple melee hits and dying. I don't have key spells (or regs to use or macro them) to even start fighting back. It is too much about having strong magic, and no my 20-something skill bolt spells dealing 10 damage won't cut it.

I signed to PvP, not grind. I don't see this changing in the near future, and to be honest I have better things to do with my scarce leisure time than grind. I will wait for something with PvP to come out.

Character is up for grabs for anyone interested. PM me.

Last edited by sinij; 04/23/11 08:49 AM.

[Linked Image]
Former Member
Former Member
Sad to see you go.. But your still saying how you chase after people with a sword out and cant get into range. you can't do that. Anyway wish you luck in your future endevours

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Darkfall is a grind monster, it takes a large amount of time to be able be viable at pvp. Not to mention get used to the style of fighting that you have to constantly keep trying to improve. Then you throw in that you have to farms mobs efficiently in order to make enough gold to do the things you want and need to do. Darkfall is the hardest game to pvp in hands down. It's not forgiving for new characters at all.

To think, the grind has gotten a little better than what it used to be. After nearly 2 years, I can't force myself to grind anymore. Which is the case with many people after putting in a lot of time and effort into a game, and still have average character skills because of the huge grind. They should have realized people only have a certain amount of time. Not 2 years of soliding grinding.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 04/23/11 05:29 AM.
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Is going back to starting areas, doing all quests going to change my experiences? I am really trying to find a way to alter steps 1-3 so I can do something about #4.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard